• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on ""Were you party to one or more tax avoidance schemes?""

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    Did someone say party?

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Seems like you need a bit more time to think about it. Why don't you do it at the weekend.

What's the worst that could happen

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Got to calculation - now it's NOT funny!
    Go back and do it again. Make sure you've claimed for everything like client entertainment (sofa).

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    this is a bit weird.

a few days ago, someone posted here about a guy who sh@gged a kid and got away with it because he didnt know the law

now we have a bunch of contractors who both know and keep within the tax law

but get sh@gged by HMRC any way

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I replied in the notes, no sorry my offices aren't owned by an offshore company so I get to pay less tax. Send my love to your landlords, it must be warm in the British Virgin Isles this time of year!

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Were you party to one or more tax avoidance schemes?
    I watched 8 out of 10 cats, does that count?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Soon they will send a form something like this:

Q: "How much did you make in year end 2015?"

A: "Give it all to us"

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Are they offering a discount for doing the tax inspectors job for them.

Useless bunch of ******

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    So, what's the deal with those offshore vehicles?
    You shouldn't be looking at yachts until you have a sofa.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Why on earth are you looking at your tax return?
    I've always left this to the accountant, but now I'm a permie I'm afraid I might have to touch the devil's turd known as a tax return with my own fingers. Should I get some antibiotic soap to prevent the lurgy?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Why on earth are you looking at your tax return? You should be working on SKA!
    I wish I had not looked at it

So, what's the deal with those offshore vehicles?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Yes, I pay myself dividends

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Why on earth are you looking at your tax return? You should be working on SKA!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Best tax avoidance scheme anyone can sign up to is leaving this rotting hell hole of a country and paying yer taxes to someone else.
    Done that. Doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X