• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shall I buy a curry house?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    A casual acquaintance of mine invested £500k in a restaurant in NW London in 2004. It was run by his BiL. Who then took the p1ss. His wife backed her brother - causing them to divorce. He tried to sell the restaurant but no takers at any money - he lost the lot.

His wife got the house so he ended up with nothing - now aged 57 working his way up from nothing.

What I am saying is ask how much it would be to set this up from scratch. If there have been issues with environmental health or food quality the goodwill might be worth nothing.

Or it might be a bargain.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Originally posted by Alias View Post
    i think calling it the "Argy Bargy" might be better...
    Argy Bhajee.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    A whole restaurant with lease, kitchen with equipment i.e. 10 burners worth of hob, tandoor, fridges and freezers and so on. Not flash or massive though, 10 covers I think so most of the business would be takeaway.
    Not forgetting the purple lights.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    A whole restaurant with lease, kitchen with equipment i.e. 10 burners worth of hob, tandoor, fridges and freezers and so on. Not flash or massive though, 10 covers I think so most of the business would be takeaway.
    Has it already traded - if so what kind of turnover?

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Gotta be worth it for asset stripping

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    What do you get for £13000 besides the name?

Leave a comment:

• Alias
    replied
    i think calling it the "Argy Bargy" might be better...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    What do you get for £13000 besides the name?

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I am hankering to start a good old boys grill and burger type place.
    You talking American Diner or Wimpy style?

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    How hard will it be to get the staff?
    Impossible, thanks to recent visa cut downs

I'm sure you could recruit from CUK.

Plenty of Chutney Spoon experience here
    Last edited by norrahe; 27 January 2013, 20:39.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Get some decent beers in and you're onto a winner.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I am hankering to start a good old boys grill and burger type place.

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Go for it!

Ahem, will CUK forum member get a discount?
    A free poppadum for anyone stupid enough to identify themselves...

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Go for it!

Ahem, will CUK forum member get a discount?

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Easterns and the Pakistanis are squaring up for a major turf war round here.

Only a matter of time.
    Don't worry about this. We are too scared of Muslim Patrol.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X