• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Triple dip anyone?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Triple dip anyone?"

Collapse

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    No, he'll get an explanation involving 'market equilibrium' and fractional reserve banking; it's the kind of conversation that's reputed to make a girl's knickers turn moist at 50 paces.
    Mitch i have completely destroyed every economic argument you've raised against me.

Perhaps time to shut up.

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Am I being really stupid?
    Ok,

Post 1) Are you talking about the rate which the UK is borrowing at? I'm talking about the interest rates which the BoE (mis)sets

Post 2) I don't really know what you're talking about. What i mean by the market normalising is there's a tendancy for some to believe (we'll call these people Keynesians) that if the market starts going downhill post boom, without intervention from the gov it'll just crash and burn forever until we're in the 3rd world.

This is not the case, it will crash but it will normalise eventually once the market readjusts and finds its correct level. It is not analogous to an aircraft in a spin (which does require pilot intervention)

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Actually if you really have got to retirement then you’ve done well; we’ve got a guy at the company I’m working for who’s doing a lot of work on statistics and ‘big data’; he’s convinced that in the next 10 years people with some statistics education can earn wheelbarrows full of money.
    Who would want to do that?

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Am I being really stupid?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by moggy View Post
    thats a joke right?
    No, he'll get an explanation involving 'market equilibrium' and fractional reserve banking; it's the kind of conversation that's reputed to make a girl's knickers turn moist at 50 paces.

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Give it some explanation then?

As we've said before at least I have a qualification in economics , if you believe that I am 100 miles away then explain how.
    thats a joke right?

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    Scoobos your tenacity is matched only by your idiocity.

You're a nice person, but maybe just don't comment in the future ok.

Or at least get within 100 miles of the right end of the stick.
    Give it some explanation then?

As we've said before at least I have a qualification in economics , if you believe that I am 100 miles away then explain how.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Actually if you really have got to retirement then you’ve done well; we’ve got a guy at the company I’m working for who’s doing a lot of work on statistics and ‘big data’; he’s convinced that in the next 10 years people with some statistics education can earn wheelbarrows full of money.
    Who needs stats when one can just talk bollux? http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1687962

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Scoobos your tenacity is matched only by your idiocity.

You're a nice person, but maybe just don't comment in the future ok.

Or at least get within 100 miles of the right end of the stick.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    "The market always normalises. "
    Sorry last one, but WHAT?

Which "Market" Always normalises? We've only been running multinational corporate economics for the past 30 years - do you seriously believe the market from pre 1940 has anything to go off? We are a long way away from the commodities markets during imperialism you numpty.

What you're basically saying is "It always normalises, it hasnt changed in the last 70 years has it?" (when in fact it has too).

anyhoo.... back to work I suppose Happy new year everyone !.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    It will kill bad investments and free up resources for good (productive) investments.
    I think I wasn't clear enough.

If we borrow at such low percentages like 1% - then as soon as any kind of normality is resumed, just a 1% increase could result in DOUBLE the repayment right?

Whilst if we are being sensible and working on 3.5% to 5% and the rate jumped 1% it would be a hit, but not a total emergency.

Perhaps I'm being daft...... Unfortunately I think the treasury is.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Aye, he's right. That's why I'm back out of retirement

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Now i'm no fan of Dave and George, but the fact they have a dinner is hardly news, the guy who took the pics works for greenpeace - might as well ask how he can look himself in the mirror eating out when all the whales are being killed off!
    Last edited by moggy; 25 January 2013, 14:36.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Thank you. I knew you were big enough to overlook your own personal situation and be pleased for me.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Let me be the first (of many here) to congratulate you.
    Thank you. I knew you were big enough to overlook your own personal situation and be pleased for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X