• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lloyds cut 940 jobs"

Collapse

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Just got emailed about a role paying £530/day for a SQL/C# dev in London.....

As always, these cuts don't affect everybody. From what I can see, their dependence is increasing on IT. As long as you have skills, you should be ok in the current market.
    I know that you have only got a mail, but if you had the choice, would you swap Radbroke for London though - extra costs and all.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Just got emailed about a role paying £530/day for a SQL/C# dev in London.....

As always, these cuts don't affect everybody. From what I can see, their dependence is increasing on IT. As long as you have skills, you should be ok in the current market.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Well bugger my timbers - got a call from an agent about a contract at Barcap, I have the job spec here and the rate is good too
    Go for it

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Well bugger my timbers - got a call from an agent about a contract at Barcap, I have the job spec here and the rate is good too
    Get in!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Lloyds Banking Group is cutting 940 jobs across the company including 300 job losses from its retail and wealth and international divisions."

Are the wealthy also getting poorer?
    Consolidation and centralisation programme into one area.

We're now at about 1/4 of the combined LTSB / HBOS IT staff being cut since the merger. More offshoring/ outsourcing too.

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Bad news for those affected. If some are branch / sales based staff they may struggle to get similar posts, so MUN, no need to panic unless they are project based staff.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Not a pleasant situation, my contract ends at the end of Feb - I could do without all that extra competition

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ...and

Barclays Wields Jobs Axe At UK Investment Bank - Yahoo! Finance UK

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    "Lloyds Banking Group is cutting 940 jobs across the company including 300 job losses from its retail and wealth and international divisions."

If they bank at Lloyds they probably are, yes.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Tonnes of work out there.

UK unemployment falls again as record numbers in work - Telegraph

Plenty of low paid shelf stacker jobs that these financial types might aspire to.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post
    It's never good to hear that people have lost their jobs but I imagine that this will be particularly painful just off the back of Christmas.
    It's much better than if it was right BEFORE Christmas ...

Leave a comment:

• Martin@AS Financial
    started a topic Lloyds cut 940 jobs

Lloyds cut 940 jobs

It's never good to hear that people have lost their jobs but I imagine that this will be particularly painful just off the back of Christmas.

Lloyds cuts 940 jobs | News | Mortgage Strategy

Working...
X