• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Soo pleased I didn't move to SKy broadband"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    I'm on Virgin and the only issue I get is caused by my router (not the super hub as that is only used as a modem)

The other day I did a speed test at speedtest.net and got 62Mb download and 3mb upload. Fine by me.
    My cock's still bigger though

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    I'm on Virgin and the only issue I get is caused by my router (not the super hub as that is only used as a modem)

The other day I did a speed test at speedtest.net and got 62Mb download and 3mb upload. Fine by me.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    What a pathetic loser - You'd think someone who relied on broadband financially would have the nouse to pay a little more for a reliable service such as Zen Internet (not a plug, just an example).
    WHS

A real pathetic loser - he actually has to work!

HTH but BIDI

sasguru

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    A comment quoted in the article

Internet is completely unusable, so this is the THIRD night in a row that I am unable to fulfil my contractually obligated working from home via the internet, so a third night's overtime lost. Not only is this a pain, it's actually losing me wages.
    What a pathetic loser - You'd think someone who relied on broadband financially would have the nouse to pay a little more for a reliable service such as Zen Internet (not a plug, just an example).

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    Switch to Sky and get £100+ cashback from Quidco

HTH.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Got Sky TV and Sky broadband - it was cheap but they had it crippled to 4 Mbits even though I on same street with local exchange and had 16 Mbits whilst living few streets away.

Recently it had been losing connection regularly under load (Steam), sadly can't get cable as it's the new house that isn't connected (but Sky had brains to put communal dish on top), but will switch to BT Infinity as soon as it's in town...

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Ahh so it wasn't Sky Fibre?

If ur on ADSL2 try Be - they are excellent...

http://www.bethere.co.uk

I was with them for years and always A1, but they missed the Fibre gravy boat....
    I have been with Be* for years (pre O2 take over) and still on their legacy tarrif, unlimited downloads and zero throttling for £13 a month

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by cojak View Post
    Infinity isn't in my exchange but if it does appear I may well switch.
    Ahh so it wasn't Sky Fibre?

If ur on ADSL2 try Be - they are excellent...

http://www.bethere.co.uk

I was with them for years and always A1, but they missed the Fibre gravy boat....

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I was tempted but did my research and went with BT, I know their rep isn't A1 but in Infinity it seems to be - and it is - over a year now and zero problems apart from p2p throttling which is easily got round.
    Infinity isn't in my exchange but if it does appear I may well switch.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Since switching from NTHell (Vegan) to SKY I have regretted it. <1mb and being charged for "Up to 20mb"

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    They had a sales push over Christmas and Mr C showed me the blurb.

It seems that apart from me, it was quite successful.

Greedy Sky admits: We crippled broadband with TOO MANY users ? The Register
    But this is exactly what happened with Virgin cable in my area.
    Moved to Sky and its been fine.
    So the moral of the story is: check what's happening in your area.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

I was tempted but did my research and went with BT, I know their rep isn't A1 but in Infinity it seems to be - and it is - over a year now and zero problems apart from p2p throttling which is easily got round.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    started a topic Soo pleased I didn't move to SKy broadband

Soo pleased I didn't move to SKy broadband

Working...
X