• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have the conservatives already lost the next election?"

Collapse

• Waldorf
    replied
    A small typo!

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    A vote for him;

WILL put him in power

with these two pulling the strings behind him;

Leave a comment:

• Waldorf
    replied
    Originally posted by Robinho View Post
    I really am worried that Labour will get back in.

The sad reality of this country, is people can't get their head around the fact that good intentions != good results.

Essentially, the Tories make the country competitive again after a Labour spending spree, and everyone hates them for it. Then Labour get back in and buy votes on debt and everyone loves them.

Morons never seem to make the connection that it's Labour causing poverty and tulip wages by virtue of the fact that they constantly bankrupt the nation.
    Robinho

I am not stalking you but this is the second sensible post I have seen of yours today!

We can only hope that people do not fall for the Labour lies and avoidance of answering questions.

Labour have been successful at putting across the proposition that the financial mess can be solved by squeezing the rich, if only it were as simple.

Quite depressing.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I believe the PCG will work closely with the new coalition government to repeal IR35.

Oh, hang on.......
    Yeah if only the Tories got in there would be no IR35.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    Tories will go.

I'm hoping LibDems get in this time, because of this I read a while back:

Lib Dems want IR35 to go, not stay :: Contractor UK

I wonder if they will give IR35 the boot? They look trustworthy, they are politicians after all
    That's what their European 'sister party' the VVD said before the Dutch elections; no more 'VAR' nonsense for the self employed and no more silly backdated judgments on self-employment status. They got into power along with Labour and supplied the Finance Secretary (who is the boss of the civil servants), who promptly made the whole bloody thing stricter and more complicated and now lots of contractors are either giving up and going permie or tulipting themselves about backdated tax bills. Lying scum.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    Tories will go.

I wonder if they will give IR35 the boot? They look trustworthy, they are politicians after all
    I believe the PCG will work closely with the new coalition government to repeal IR35.

Oh, hang on.......

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Tories will go.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Maybe it's better to vote in a contrarian fashion. Following the logic that politicians are lying shysters who say one thing then do the opposite, perhaps we should all vote for communist candidates.

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    Whoever you vote for the Government always get in

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    As long as I am King then its fine.
    This must be some new definition of the word 'fine' with which I am unfamiliar.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Lord help us
    But isn't that what everyone says? I mean "I want to be King" rather than "Lord help us BP is King".

Was it Barnum who said "when I was poor I thought the rich should look after the poor. now I am rich I say fook them." ?

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Lord help us

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Democracies are tricky as many people will vote for whichever party gives them the best deal and will often believe what they want to hear. Perhaps we should go back to a monarchy ruling the place?!

Leave a comment:

• Robinho
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Democracies are tricky as many people will vote for whichever party gives them the best deal and will often believe what they want to hear. Perhaps we should go back to a monarchy ruling the place?!
    Well the serfs only paid 25% tax so democracy obviously isn't helping with our freedom.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Glad you've added a broader perspective to it, I've not seen much in the way of laziness since being in Zurich but I'm sure someone will correct me or does it really all go like clockwork here?
    The Swiss are rather particular about who they let in, and are a pretty conformist crowd anyway so you don't see many home grown chavs. They are there though and there is definitely a darker side to Switzerland's neat and tidiness. Read some articles by Jean Ziegler; a bit of a lefty but he makes some valid points. There are often some strange characters hanging around Hauptbahnhof late in the evening. I think they put a lot of effort into hiding their lowlifes.

As for clockwork; I remember back in the 80s nearly all restaurant staff were Italians who were not there legally and didn't really have any employment rights but that was overlooked, perhaps because no Swiss people wanted to serve food. Don't know if that's still the case, and Italians will now have full rights under the Swiss-EU agreements on labour mobility and are probably much better paid than back then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X