• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Text spam

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Text spam"

Collapse

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    How do they know you need it? Did your wife register you?
    If the rest of your body is like a Wookie its a reasonable bet that a little 'tidying up behind' is needed.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    He must rue the day they installed that ceiling mirror

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    I only get the ones about Anal Bleaching

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    I only get the ones about Anal Bleaching

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    I see the FSA is coming under pressure from the Banks to time box PPI claims (which it is resisting) - it must be costing them a few bob

Totally pisses me off that they rolled over and allowed the Endowment policy issue to be time boxed

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Not text spam but a pestilential program called FriendStream, which covers my screen and says

"You don't appear to be signed into any networks. Tap to sign into a social network".

I don't sign into social networks anyway, and if I did the last program I would use is FriendStream.

The snag is I use my mobile only as a mobile phone, and an oversized pocket watch. So currently I have no idea how to remove the perishing program! As a last resort, I may even have to flick through the manual!

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I get them from time to time. No idea where they got my number from.

Leave a comment:

• formant
    replied
    I get about one PPI spam text every two months.

Same with spam about "the accident" I had. The latter started last year after some idiot van driver bumped into me (I wasn't injured though) - I informed my insurance (as you do) and 2 hours later got the first text. Data protection, eh?

Generally, I wonder if it makes a difference how long you've had your number/how much crap you've been signed up for over the years? I've had my current number since '05.

I have my mobile number registered with the TPS.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I have had a few PPI and injury compensation ones. Once I replied saying I was interested - then spent 5 minutes ranting, raving and swearing at them down the phone. I felt alot better after that.

Presumably I could register with the telephone preference service - but I can't be bothered.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    started a topic Text spam

Text spam

Yet another article on the BBC website talking about PPI text spam.

In all the years I've had a phone I've never once had a spam text (other than some Orange offers thing that was difficult to opt out of so I ditched them).

So who gets spam and who doesn't? If you do how did they get your number?

Working...
X