• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The latest and greatest?"

Collapse

• Platypus
    replied
    Cursed Japanese Model Thought to Be Responsible for Boeing 787*Troubles

NSFW but she's very pretty

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    The AA one is bigger than the AAA?

Have I got that right?

Build your own Zeity, like Walter did

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Don't enjoy traveling with the great unwashed masses? Just get yourself one of these personal helicopters. What could possibly go wrong? Skip to around 35 secs for the demo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM7HHB51WX8

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Was trying to talk Mrs into flying to Florida with Thomson on this.

No chance now. maybe I shouldnt let her watch Air Crash Investigations on Sky any more?

I see Thomson have some on order. Chances they might cancel this order now I guess LOL.
    Go business class on an A380; there's a bar in the back so you can arrive refreshed and ready, sorry, pissed as a newt.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Was trying to talk Mrs into flying to Florida with Thomson on this.

No chance now. maybe I shouldnt let her watch Air Crash Investigations on Sky any more?

I see Thomson have some on order. Chances they might cancel this order now I guess LOL.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Bring back Concorde.

Leave a comment:

• Toastiness
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    The venerable Dakota. ...They don't make 'em like they used to
    And with a safety record like that:
    Accident Database: Aircraft Crash Details > Douglas DC-3

I can only say Thank God !

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    The latest and greatest?

Anyone seen 'Flight' with Denzil Washington? Good movie actually but the flight and crash scenes even to my clueless eyes seem a tad unrealistic, 'we are inverted, I copy, we are inverted...'

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    First time adopters?

Boeing Dreamliner grounded

No thanks, gimme a DC3 anytime...
    The venerable Dakota. I remember flying in one from Rhodesia back to South Africa many years ago when it got struck by lightning, it kind of dropped a few thousand feet, passengers hit the roof and my sister thought it was fantastic, better than a rollercoaster. Still got us home and then turned around and flew back with another batch of passengers. They don't make 'em like they used to (and that counts for many things)

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    It's being renamed the NightmareLiner.

Never a good sign when the backup battery self incinerates.
    And what would you know about batteries? We need someone round here who understands electronics - not someone who struggles to tell an AA and an AAA apart.....

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by Toastiness View Post
    Careful with the narrow undercarriage !
    & the lack of visibility & room within the cockpit

Leave a comment:

• Toastiness
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Me-109 G-6...
    Careful with the narrow undercarriage !

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Me-109 G-6...

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I would rather go by helicopter - far safer......

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    First time adopters?

Boeing Dreamliner grounded

No thanks, gimme a DC3 anytime...
    Yeah, with you all the way buddy!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X