• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Best use of a banjo in modern music"

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    None.

And I'm a banjo player but, well just but...
    Banjo is probably the most important instrument in Mumfords stuff but I guess you're not a fan

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Wot no votes for Don Wayne Reno of Hayseed Dixie (the Ace of Spades)? C'mon people!
    I prefer their version of

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied

One of the comments says:

Luke, i am your father..... and your cousin

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Wot no votes for Don Wayne Reno of Hayseed Dixie (the Ace of Spades)? C'mon people!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Take out the all red neck squeal like a piggie innuendo's in an amazing piece of work

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I parked my car in Glasgow and left my Banjo lying on the back seat in full view of everyone.

Imagine my dismay when I returned to my car to find that someone had smashed my back window and put another fuckin' banjo in there !!

An oldie but a goodie

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    I parked my car in Glasgow and left my Banjo lying on the back seat in full view of everyone.

Imagine my dismay when I returned to my car to find that someone had smashed my back window and put another fuckin' banjo in there !!

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    Here, had a quick re-listen, maybe it's a dobro arpeggio isn't just five strings...

That's a dobro. I play tenor banjo which has four strings and more suited to celtic music although I do some classical tunes too.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Got a link?
    Here, had a quick re-listen, maybe it's a dobro arpeggio isn't just five strings...

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Got a link?

Дельфин - Надежда - YouTube

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I think the opening arpeggio from Russian hip-hopper (not as bad as it might sound) Delfin (Dolphin) is an open Banjo chord, might be wrong, could be a Dobro or National Steel mind....

Song is Nadezhda, which is the long form of Nadia/Nadya, means 'Hope' in Russian, and is my beloved's first name...

Other than that owt by Roger McGuinn, who plays 12-string in the banjo style...
    Got a link?

Leave a comment:

• socialworker
    replied
    hitch hikers guide theme music?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    I think the opening arpeggio from Russian hip-hopper (not as bad as it might sound) Delfin (Dolphin) is an open Banjo chord, might be wrong, could be a Dobro or National Steel mind....

Song is Nadezhda, which is the long form of Nadia/Nadya, means 'Hope' in Russian, and is my beloved's first name...

Other than that owt by Roger McGuinn, who plays 12-string in the banjo style...

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    started a topic Best use of a banjo in modern music

Best use of a banjo in modern music

None.

And I'm a banjo player but, well just but...

Working...
X