• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "2013 CUK Fat/Fit Club"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I dare not look now. In last 3 months I have done very little. 5 weeks since my op now - and only done minimal exercise last 2 weeks. And I am eating loads. I really must get on the scales and find out the damage.
    I discussed my huge eating issues with MrsBP last night. And last night was much betteer - I do find season change dates a good time to make changes.

Anyway MrsBP made me weigh myself. Since start of year I am up 1.5kg - but at one point I was down 8.5kg.

Onwards and downwards!

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Drinking is the issue for me. We don't drink a lot normally, but let it go on holidays. However, since I broke the leg before I went back to work, after the holiday, the wife still thinks we're on holiday and hasn't adjusted the buying habits accordingly. Still, not for long...

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Excellent. I'm up 8 lbs so far this year. Another good year.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I dare not look now. In last 3 months I have done very little. 5 weeks since my op now - and only done minimal exercise last 2 weeks. And I am eating loads. I really must get on the scales and find out the damage.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    I've lost just over 2 stone since we first started this (late 2011). I lost it over the first half of 2012 and have pretty much kept to the same routine but with slightly less discipline (ie I eat the odd pizza now).

Managed to drop 4 inches off the waistline.

Still do weekly weigh-ins on the Wii to make sure I'm not drifting up again.

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Thanks!

The difference has been the diet I can confirm. Been doing the exercise routines for years now and not seen anything like this. 2 weeks on the acid reflux/stomach acid healing diet and I've dropped 2KG and 1.2% body fat

This.... is... Sparta!!!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    This week's numbers:

-0.6 KG
    -0.8% body fat

Finally broke <80 KG as well!

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    This week's numbers:

-0.6 KG
    -0.8% body fat

Finally broke <80 KG as well!

Leave a comment:

• TheBigD
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So let me get this straight. When fat people say they have medical conditions that make losing weight difficult, everyone shouts at them that simple physics dictates weight change is simply calories consumed - calorie used. Yet at the same time, eating the same amount but increasing your energy usage won't lose weight?

These can't both be true. If you are at a stable weight and the only thing which changes is your exercise level, you surely HAVE TO lose weight.
    Of course you might be eating more to compensate without realising it, but that's a different story.

Two dials indeed. In fact let's take weight out of it as muscle confuses things, and talk simply in terms of inches/flab - if you burn more calories than you consume your flab has to be burned.

If you're not paying stricter attention to your diet, then your probably eating a little more without noticing due to the effects of the increased excercise your doing. A lot of 'experts' reccomend keeping a food diary every day to help highlight this sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    In fact let's take weight out of it as muscle confuses things, and talk simply in terms of inches/flab - if you burn more calories than you consume your flab has to be burned.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• Jog On
    replied
    This week's numbers:

-1.4 KG
    -0.4% body fat

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    All I can think of when seeing that insanity workout stuff on the TV is the structural havoc it must be causing to properties up and down the country with chunkies bouncing about on living room floors.

If I ever buy a property in a set of flats again I think I will take the weight of the upstairs neighbour into mind just in case they decide to 'get fit'.
    Are you worried they might 'drop in'?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    All I can think of when seeing that insanity workout stuff on the TV is the structural havoc it must be causing to properties up and down the country with chunkies bouncing about on living room floors.

If I ever buy a property in a set of flats again I think I will take the weight of the upstairs neighbour into mind just in case they decide to 'get fit'.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I've started the Insanity program as well when traveling. Dropped a stone within a few weeks but as soon as I stopped and went to the kebab shop it all came back on.
    Ah - yes ... it does need to be included as part of a lifestyle change for the results to stick!!

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    So let me get this straight. When fat people say they have medical conditions that make losing weight difficult, everyone shouts at them that simple physics dictates weight change is simply calories consumed - calorie used. Yet at the same time, eating the same amount but increasing your energy usage won't lose weight?

These can't both be true. If you are at a stable weight and the only thing which changes is your exercise level, you surely HAVE TO lose weight.
    Ignoring medical conditions are they need to be handled on a case by case basis. You need to increase your energy usage massively to loose weight, controling your diet is far more effective. This is without the fact that people often eat more when they exercise as the increased expenditure will make them hungry etc.

Two dials indeed. In fact let's take weight out of it as muscle confuses things, and talk simply in terms of inches/flab - if you burn more calories than you consume your flab has to be burned.
    *sigh* the two dials idea was just to help you visualise things, it was not an exact scientific representation.

I was trying to help you achieve a goal by giving you some information in something I happen to know quite a lot about after being involved in it for a fair few years. If you do not want my advice then don't take it. I will sit back having lost almost 2 stone more than you this year and bask in my ignorance.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X