• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Forty five years old - a turning point for blokes?"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You could ask EO - though I am not sure if he can remember back as far as his 45th birthday!

By some weird coincidence, I have been thinking of starting a thread called '10 stages that make you realise you are a man and not a kid any more'
    and number 10 is round about the 45 yr mark

1. The first time some kid calls you mister
    2. The first time you voluntarily go to bed, because you 'have to get up in the morning'
    3. You see something out of the corner of your eye. It's your broadening shoulders
    4. You realise that birds are not angels brought from heaven, just blokes with smaller willies
    5. You realise that if you met you ten years ago you would punch you
    6. Someone f@rts and you dont laugh
    7. You refuse a drink, because you have had enough of hangovers
    8. You never let a boner go to waste
    9. Slippers aren't so bad after all
    10. Somone dies and you look around the familiy to see who the new role model is. and it's you.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I'm aiming to be a burden on everyone elses children.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Being eaten seems a good way to get recycled. That way you really do become part of the tiger.

People who have heart transplants and stuff sometimes take on characteristics of the donor. I don't think it's been explained and is usually put down to a coincidence brought on by the trauma of surgery etc. But if cells have some sort of 'memory' it would make sense - especially if the tiger ate your brain. A tiger with OCD - there's a worrying thought!
    Alas Howletts seem more worried that the tiger may memorize eating people - they have already lost a few keepers.

I shall probably stick to being buried beneath a sapling. But I want to become old enough to get revenge on my kids by becoming a burden to them first.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Personally I would like to be recycled by being fed to the tigers at Howletts zoo.

I just hope they make sure I am very dead first.
    Being eaten seems a good way to get recycled. That way you really do become part of the tiger.

People who have heart transplants and stuff sometimes take on characteristics of the donor. I don't think it's been explained and is usually put down to a coincidence brought on by the trauma of surgery etc. But if cells have some sort of 'memory' it would make sense - especially if the tiger ate your brain. A tiger with OCD - there's a worrying thought!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I've always liked giraffes. It's almost as if they were designed by a kid.

They've got awesome tongues too.
    They are big but very very sticky. I once fed giraffes at some theme park in Florida. It is worse than feeding a cow by hand which is bad enough.

Not sure I would want to be born a giraffe though. A 6 foot drop to the ground upon entry is not the best way to arrive.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I quite fancy being recycled.
    Personally I would like to be recycled by being fed to the tigers at Howletts zoo.

I just hope they make sure I am very dead first.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied

So you've been licked at Whipsnade as well?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Indeed.

So, back to the Giraffe. What's that going to do for you?

Endless life of trying to find tall trees or looking a bit silly as you reach the ground?

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    He is being unusually rude tonight. I think he must have been allowed a sherbert or two.
    Indeed.

So, back to the Giraffe. What's that going to do for you?

Endless life of trying to find tall trees or looking a bit silly as you reach the ground?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    FTFY.
    Crass.

Keep it up

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Oh really, bring everything down to your level.

I'm still thinking of fluffy kittens!
    He is being unusually rude tonight. I think he must have been allowed a sherbert or two.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    FTFY.
    Oh really, bring everything down to your level.

I'm still thinking of fluffy kittens!

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    I'd like to be recycled into a pussy. Endless [two-fingered] fun, no hassle
    FTFY.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    A bit of a wishy washy answer

I'd like to be recycled into a kitten. Endless fun, no hassle
    Fair point. I'll be a giraffe then.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    Well my organs might be useful to someone.

And I'm sure they could make a handbag from my skin.

The rest of me, they can eat.

At an atomic level, we all get recycled anyway.
    A bit of a wishy washy answer

I'd like to be recycled into a kitten. Endless fun, no hassle

Leave a comment:

Working...
X