• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Thunderbirds are GO !"

Collapse

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    How did I guess?

Blocked by the netnanny.

Then again, it blocks "Philip K. Dick" so I'm not really surprised.
    Wouldn't want Jnr. Lizard getting his mind warped would we? Somewhere J T Kirk is laughing.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Purple Hair.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

It was never explained why the hair was purple on the Moon & absolutely normal on Earth.

Scary.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 29 December 2012, 12:50.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Ah, the lovely and voluptuous Gabrielle Drake, something even the Lizard would get his teeth into!

Phoaaarrr!

more here

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Ah, the lovely and voluptuous Gabrielle Drake, something even the Lizard would get his teeth into!

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Yes.

The 2nd season was ruined by the same chap who ruined the 3rd season of STOS.
    Didn't realise JJ Abrams was around then.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That was the weird thing about UFO: Gerry Anderson wanted to move on from kids' stuff and intended it for adults, hence such lines as "These clouds give about as much cover as a g-string on a belly dancer" (Col. Alec Freeman, S01E01 "Identified", 30:08).

But ATV insisted that, as it was made by Anderson and had spaceships, it must be for kids, and scheduled it accordingly
    And the scheduling is probably why I missed it.

P.S. What time of day was it on?
    Last edited by Sysman; 27 December 2012, 20:10.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    That was the weird thing about UFO: Gerry Anderson wanted to move on from kids' stuff and intended it for adults, hence such lines as "These clouds give about as much cover as a g-string on a belly dancer" (Col. Alec Freeman, S01E01 "Identified", 30:08).
    The other weird thing about UFO was that with Gerry and Sylvia Anderson finally getting away from "those damn puppets" and do live action, with the wigs and silvery jump suits they gave the human actors a similar look to the puppets.

I'm too young for UFO, and I guess it hasn't been repeated in the way that Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet and Stringray have so I've never really seen it. But I'm half way through the first episode on YouTube already.

The lady fighter pilots of Captain Scarlet were called The Angels, led by Destiny Angel IIRC:

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    It's a bit like pantomimes - something for the kids and then the phwaor factor for the adults.

But ATV insisted that, as it was made by Anderson and had spaceships, it must be for kids, and scheduled it accordingly

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What about Captain Scarlet and the Mysterions, all the pilots were women:

I was obviously too young to appreciate that aspect of Captain Scarlet.

It's a bit like pantomimes - something for the kids and then the phwaor factor for the adults.

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    I've no idea who that is.
    Fenella Fielding from 'Carry on screaming'.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    What about Captain Scarlet and the Mysterions, all the pilots were women:

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Anouska Hempel in UFO was my fave

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Shouldn't this be Thunderbirds are GONE?!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Aqua Marina was my favourite

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    Nah, she reminded me too much of . . .

I've no idea who that is.

Leave a comment: