• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Careful on eBay

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Careful on eBay"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You have Arnie as your avatar choice and come to us crying about ebay, I am going to suggest there is some kind of personality disfunction there.
    Well duh!

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Soupy foad

Hth
    You have Arnie as your avatar choice and come to us crying about ebay, I am going to suggest there is some kind of personality dysfunction there.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    OK, suity has said ebay is dodgy so we should not shop there anymore.

Suity got a bad transaction we all have to stop using it.

Everyone OK with that?

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    cruel but
    Soupy foad

Hth

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    No they don't. They send you an email with a receipt number, which is NOT the same. I have phoned PayPal this morning and they have raised a case for me and then sent me an email with the case details and now a transaction id.

PayPal bloke was very helpful, and sounded genuinely concerned. Given that this is a Christmas present I couldn't give two ****s how poorly the ***** grandmother is he's had since nov 30th to post the c***ing thing.
    Last edited by suityou01; 23 December 2012, 11:49.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Never had an issue with ebay, I take a check of previous transaction if I am placing a bid for anything more than 50 quid and nobody has ever tried to do me over.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I'm going on the quality of your previous posts.
    cruel but

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    when it works its great - as with any thing in life. I have encountered a few jackasses on it though.

You know when your item hasn't arrived after two weeks so you send a polite e-mail asking what's up? Go get nothing. So you escalate. and you then get a hailstorm of vitriol followed by being banned. lovely.

and oh...paypal sends you an e-mail with the transaction ID..assuming you filled in he e-mail field correctly.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    EBay is cool. The vast majority of transactions on it are good.
    I just bought some sodium metal off a bloke in Accrington
    Mind you I do hate ebay. They banned me for trying to sell my body on it, even though it was just for a laugh..

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    oh suity ... sigh

Hope you get it sorted. Neg feedback etc...

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Maginty
    replied
    Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 6 June 2022, 17:03.

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No better still deal with this yourself. The legal way will take far too much time. Best to put an ad on Craig's List looking for a hitman to go and take out said Ebayer. Obviously don't pay the Hitman through Paypal.

Here you go ....

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Had a purchase not turn up. Seller dodging my emails until I threatened to escalate
    You'd better pray that seller isn't member of CUK, because as you know it's a bannable offence to start a thread about particular CUK member.

For all you know it was NAT who sold you some duff tulip.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    obviously don't pay the Hitman through Paypal.
    Obviously you take out the hitman next using some other hitman (possibly more expensive), and keep doing this to stop the trail leading directly to you.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    No better still deal with this yourself. The legal way will take far too much time. Best to put an ad on Craig's List looking for a hitman to go and take out said Ebayer. Obviously don't pay the Hitman through Paypal.
    Or I just send my cage fighting buddy MF round

Leave a comment:

Working...
X