• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Xmas gifts

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Xmas gifts"

Collapse

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    The must-haves for the kids? An iPad each. The wife? A divorce.

Everyone's a winner
    The twins are getting android tablets now. They were getting ipads after their sats but I saw CPW's deal on the Samsung 10.1's (£145 each), remembered the amount of travelling between now and June and bought them one each now. Just need to order covers, headphones and memory cards. So that's another £60 gone.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    That'll have to be next year - he ain't married her yet.
    Marvellous. A few quid saved there

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Ritalin?

I got the eldest two one of these each

Kurio - The ultimate Android

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    The wife? A divorce.
    That'll have to be next year - he ain't married her yet.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by al_cam View Post

Our boys (6 & 8) are getting tablets this year if that helps you any.
    Ritalin?

Leave a comment:

• al_cam
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Oh and my parents are getting their national trust membership again and a trip to the theatre.
    Or a Scottish or English Heritage membership - I know a few families (mine included) who get great use of their memberships. NTS we feel is for older folk.

I also noticed a great cashback deal for NTS on topcashback.

Our boys (6 & 8) are getting tablets this year if that helps you any.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Everyone's a winner
    WSS

Shirley the fact you've fooked off over the pond would be the gift that keeps on giving

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Lots of clothes so far.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied

Everyone's a winner

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Teasmades and toasted sandwich makers are all the rage this year. But don't be surprised if they've bought the same for you.
    You may jest but one of those is on the Christmas Prezzie list.

Oh and my parents are getting their national trust membership again and a trip to the theatre.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    flying ducks for the wall are very popular.

I have got them for all my kids.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    About to go Xmas shopping. What are the must have, wow gifts for all members of the family I should be looking for as to appear I have put great thought into as opposed to just having asked on an Internet forum?
    Teasmades and toasted sandwich makers are all the rage this year. But don't be surprised if they've bought the same for you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Furbies are the big thing this year. Fecking annoying though.
    I thought it was Vajazzles? Oh well if a bit of fuzz is back in I'll get the missus a comb.

Leave a comment:

• ctdctd
    replied
    On the basis that everyone has too much tat, I have mostly gone for cinema or restaurant vouchers this year.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Furbies are the big thing this year. Fecking annoying though.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X