• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I was sitting next to a Scotsman..."

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Wasn't there a Roger Gough in Scaffold?
    Roger McGough, still going strong

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    I thought MF was joking when he said Roger. He must mean Richard.

Roger McGough

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Scotsman sitting on a train across from a busty blonde wearing a tiny mini skirt.

Despite his efforts, he is unable to stop staring at the top of her thighs.

To his delight, he realises she has gone without underwear.

The blonde realises he is staring and inquires, "Are you looking at my growler?" "Yes, I'm sorry, " says the Scotsman and promises to avert his eyes.

"It's quite alright," replies the woman, "It's very talented, watch this, I'll make it blow a kiss to you."

Sure enough the growler blows him a kiss.

Wee Hughie, who is completely absorbed, inquires what else the growler can do.
    "I can also make it wink, " says the woman.

The Scotsman stares in amazement as the growler winks at him.

"Come and sit next to me," suggests the woman, patting the seat.

The Scotsman moves over and is asked, "Would you like to stick a couple of fingers in?"
    Stunned, The Scotsman replies, "Good grief! Can it whistle, too?"

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    WSS

Having been told his name,it didn't quite sink in and I thought he'd said Roger. Nice fella. At one point when the stewardess came over who was Scottish and they were talking she also said to me, 'Are you Scottish?' and quick as a flash with a glint in his eye he said 'Oh no, it's typical I get sat next to an Englishman' so quick as a flash I replied 'yep and it's typical I get stuck next to a Rangers captain, I'd have preferred Celtic
    Pity he didn't chib you.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I think that's why he was embarrassed when he googled. Point of the anecdote, shirley?

Hence:
    WSS

Having been told his name,it didn't quite sink in and I thought he'd said Roger. Nice fella. At one point when the stewardess came over who was Scottish and they were talking she also said to me, 'Are you Scottish?' and quick as a flash with a glint in his eye he said 'Oh no, it's typical I get sat next to an Englishman' so quick as a flash I replied 'yep and it's typical I get stuck next to a Rangers captain, I'd have preferred Celtic

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    Ah, the old turn your head and Gough.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I think that's why he was embarrassed when he googled. Point of the anecdote, shirley?

Hence:

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    You could have rescued that.

"Nice to meet you. Roger and out." (salutes)

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Not Richard Gough ?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Not Richard Gough ?
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Not Richard Gough ?
    I would have thought it was Bog

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Not Richard Gough ?
    Nah - definetly Darren

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied

I eventually asked him his name and he told me. So as the plane was taxiing off I texted my father in law who is a massive Rangers fan that I was sitting next to Roger Gough who I'd never heard of. I said nice to meet you Roger when we disembarked. Nice fella.

I've just googled him.
    Not Richard Gough ?

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I texted my father in law who is a massive Rangers fan
    Jeez....no wonder you get depressed when the "almost family" come to visit. Do they proclaim the right to march up and down your hallway or do they just come to Brixham to get a stiffy over the place where King Billy came ashore?

Leave a comment:

• Halo Jones
    replied
    Having snuck a cheeky upgrade into business class

I thought you would have gone 1st as a matter of principle

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    On the plane on the way over. Having snuck a cheeky upgrade into business class as I was getting comfortable when some friendly fella sat next to me and said hello, pointed to my Rugby shirt and said 'rugby man hey. Which club?'. I happened to be wearing an English top.

After chatting for a while I mentioned that I'd been so busy lately that I hadn't seen any sports results for sometime and that the only thing I knew at the moment was the respective positions of Celtic and Rangers. To whit his reply was 'I was at the Rangers game yesterday, I used to play for them'

As the conversation continued he proceeded to tell me he'd played for them for 11 years, and Everton & Tottenham for a while. Then mentioned something about being captain during the 9 or somewhat???

I eventually asked him his name and he told me. So as the plane was taxiing off I texted my father in law who is a massive Rangers fan that I was sitting next to Roger Gough who I'd never heard of. I said nice to meet you Roger when we disembarked. Nice fella.

I've just googled him.
    You could have rescued that.

"Nice to meet you. Roger and out." (salutes)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X