• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Another attempt at astrophotography"

Collapse

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    In t'old days a good lens would hold its f number all the way through its zoom - cheaper lenses you would have to open or close the aperture as you zoomed to maintain the same exposure a bit like this

I have 2 lenses for a Nikon film camera - the first is a Tamron zoom which dependant upon the amount of zoom will range between f3.5 to f4.2 but my Nikkor lens is constant @ f3.5 ....but cost twice as much

Can't say if it's any different with this new fangled digital m'larky
    Not sure about that, this is the lens I used for the pic;

Linky

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Nice pics...surprised that a Nikon lens doesn't hold its f no through the range
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Not sure what you mean by that.
    In t'old days a good lens would hold its f number all the way through its zoom - cheaper lenses you would have to open or close the aperture as you zoomed to maintain the same exposure a bit like this

I have 2 lenses for a Nikon film camera - the first is a Tamron zoom which dependant upon the amount of zoom will range between f3.5 to f4.2 but my Nikkor lens is constant @ f3.5 ....but cost twice as much

Can't say if it's any different with this new fangled digital m'larky

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Another attempt at astrophotography

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Wasn't it Io in the film?
    No, I'm wrong.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Another attempt at astrophotography

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    all these worlds
    are yours except
    europa
    attempt no
    landing there
    Wasn't it Io in the film?

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    What was there to understand? What you posted had no relation to what I posted.

For instance:

See, just tagging "you're a god-botherer" isn't exactly a joke. Let me know if you want some more help.
    Erm was that relevant to this topic cos I don't remember tagging anything today or posting that in the past 24 hours...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    hth
    ah.

the obligatoty uranus

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Just waiting for d000hg to catch up, we stalled a little.

hth

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Three pages and no Uranus joke yet?
    Just waiting for d000hg to catch up, we stalled a little.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    It was meant to be humorous. Sorry you didn't understand the joke.
    What was there to understand? What you posted had no relation to what I posted.

For instance:
    Originally posted by d000hg
    slowly twirling around. You'll reduce shaking if you emit a loud 'moo' which tightens your diaphragm muscles and tenses your core.
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod
    that sounds like when doogie's church has a speaking in tongues evening
    See, just tagging "you're a god-botherer" isn't exactly a joke. Let me know if you want some more help.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Is it bigger than Mars?

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    You really considered that worth posting? It's like OH is back for the evening.
    It was meant to be humorous. Sorry you didn't understand the joke.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Will Im a Christian so looks like I have a different one from doogie.
    Ah yes, you're one of the "new kids on the block". Ah well, there's no accounting for taste.

http://youtu.be/teSKK5L-jwY

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Nice pics...surprised that a Nikon lens doesn't hold its f no through the range
    Not sure what you mean by that.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    That only works if God is on your side. The infidel has balls all chance.

Hth
    You really considered that worth posting? It's like OH is back for the evening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X