• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Autumn Statement - Blame Game"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So what do you suggest? we borrow and spend more?
    A massive new program of public works.

It's the only way.

Paid for by the IMF.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
    Yes, and anyone who has diverted their eyes form the Daily Mail long enough to glance at a Economics text book would agree with me.
    So what do you suggest? we borrow and spend more?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Sometimes d000hg, you're about as intelligent as a colostomy bag.
    That is pretty offensive to colostomy bags!

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Some of you may be avoiding tax, others may be running a legitimate business, or do you honestly think every incorporated business has tax avoiders at the helm?

Sometimes d000hg, you're about as intelligent as a colostomy bag.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    But those of you who have a limited company pay corporation tax so you're not totally avoiding it

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    No pain no gain. Pain is necessary for those people who have been pampered by Labour over all these years - there's no alternative that will work.
    Yes, this is what they should have done. But instead we have pretend austerity, which will not make any difference yet people still seem to think they are suffering. Giving people the same generous benefits but not increasing it with inflation is not austerity, nor is giving £2 billion away to Africa.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Why's it unfair, we are as a group avoiding tax and also earning quite highly - the avoided tax on £400/day is quite significant.
    The more tax we save the more we can help the country get going again by spending freely.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    You get Gift Aid back on it too
    That's tax avoidance, that is!

Seriously though, tithing could be the way forward in supporting local communities.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Put the difference on the collection plate, it may do more good.
    You get Gift Aid back on it too

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Not seen much of it, heard balls on the radio and he sounded terrible, stuttering away like a moron.

But please, for the love of God can someone please explain to Labour that spending money in shops is not a fuggin' long term economic strategy for the country.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Why's it unfair, we are as a group avoiding tax and also earning quite highly - the avoided tax on £400/day is quite significant.
    Put the difference on the collection plate, it may do more good.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    The bit about tax avoidance is unsettling as we are always the (unfair) target

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    I watched the speech live. I didn't think Osborne did a bad job. Considering there's been virtually no growth and he didn't have much to work with I thought he did OK. The bit about tax avoidance is unsettling as we are always the (unfair) target but nearly all the rest made sense to me.

Ed Balls' response was terrible.
    Balls was terrible.

Osborne won a few points regarding petrol prices.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    I watched the speech live. I didn't think Osborne did a bad job. Considering there's been virtually no growth and he didn't have much to work with I thought he did OK. The bit about tax avoidance is unsettling as we are always the (unfair) target but nearly all the rest made sense to me.

Ed Balls' response was terrible.

Leave a comment:

• lilelvis2000
    replied
    Originally posted by LatteLiberal View Post
    From what I heard of the response from the shadow chancellor he lived up to his name.
    He could have got and said "I'm okay with all that" but as he is in opposition he has to grind an axe on something. There really wasn't much to complain about really.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X