• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Weekend!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Weekend!"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I may link to videos later.
    Here it is: Basel English Pantomime Group » Every Christmas something magical happens in Basel

Sound quality and video is not terribly high - it was much richer live! But I've got the mix from the sound desk, and we've recorded much in HD, so we'll use that when we make the DVD.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    New battery installed in sy02s tank. Dropped the battery holdy in brackets thing in the engine bay, and went to gsf to try and get a magnetic telescopic pickup thingy. After queueing up for 35 minutes I was told no.

But there is a new toolmaster warehouse on the industrial estate who did have one. And I treated myself to a new torch.

Did the thermostat on the bimmer. Child's play really. And did a coolant flush, and forward and back flush with the hose. In car heating is much improved and now the car warms up normally and stays warm.

I'm going to stop here, and if you read this far you'll realise just what a mundane saturday it's been standing around in the cold fiddling with me cars.

I also read the toolmaster catalogue from cover to cover

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Tired, slightly hungover parkrun = new PB! 31.41 - that 30 minutes target is in my sights...
    Well done you! Have a

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Tired, slightly hungover parkrun = new PB! 31.41 - that 30 minutes target is in my sights...
    Last edited by mudskipper; 1 December 2012, 11:03.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Currently hungover ((don't know how but) so a bit of music is required while I get ready to go out again:

That reminds me of Sunday lunchtime jam sessions in a local pub, many years ago.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Currently hungover ((don't know how but) so a bit of music is required while I get ready to go out again:

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Dallas View Post
    Swimming this avo and sauna - then invoice and run!

Tonight: weights session and grocery delivery .... red wine
    Tomorrow: Rowing - 20k sessions throughout winter - eesh!, setting up turbo, Wiggins' book (read chapter 16 - amazing) .... red wine!
    Sun: Rowing, using turbo, collapse in gym sauna .... red wine!

Happy weekend!
    What sort of turbo is that and who is this Wiggins chap?

P.S. Have you done the Lincoln to Boston Marathon? Does it still clash with an annual fishing competition, neither side wanting to budge the date?
    Last edited by Sysman; 1 December 2012, 02:31.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Make sure to slow cook it for at least 3 hours at 120ish, and if you can get beef shin on the bone all the better
    I'll get that sorted tomorrow, great local butcher

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    I'm good at that. Sorted.

Cheers N
    Make sure to slow cook it for at least 3 hours at 120ish, and if you can get beef shin on the bone all the better

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    Stew - beef and ale with dumplings
    I'm good at that. Sorted.

Cheers N

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    No plans this weekend but looking for inspiration about what to cook for myself tomorrow. Suggestions welcome...
    Stew - beef and ale with dumplings ,
    soup - pick any autumn veg - squash or beetroot is good this time of year,
    game - anything roasted,
    Steak with a brandy and butter sauce with roast mushrooms
    Chicken breasts with tarragon and white wine with cream
    Pork fillet with Madeira sauce
    That's just the classics

thai green curry
    lamb masala
    Prawn hot and sour soup

I could go on.............

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    That's another one done. So two down - four to go.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    No plans this weekend but looking for inspiration about what to cook for myself tomorrow. Suggestions welcome...

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Change the battery on SY02s tank.
    Change the thermostat on me bimmer.
    Fix offside brakelight on said bimmer.

Dinner with SY02's mate and her husband Sat night (curry in Stanmore, I mean Stanmore ffs? We live in the curry capital of the south)

Get home, smasherbackdoorzin™

Outlaws round on Sunday.
    Should provide some inspiration if you are stuck for small talk with the father-out-law.
    Enjoy!!

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Change the battery on SY02s tank.
    Change the thermostat on me bimmer.
    Fix offside brakelight on said bimmer.

Dinner with SY02's mate and her husband Sat night (curry in Stanmore, I mean Stanmore ffs? We live in the curry capital of the south)

Get home, smasherbackdoorzin™

Outlaws round on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X