• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "BBC Off Payroll select committee"

Collapse

• centurian
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    Even stranger - they are building a new 'on air talent modus operandi' to allow 'genuine freelancers to be employed as self-employed so there will be no need for a PSC' (1h 30m 10s) Ideas? Anyone?
    Well that's a good point. If the BBC (or any ClientCo for that matter) is so absolutely sure that they are not engaging disguised employee's, then why not engage them as sole traders. Seems to suggest that is exactly what they will do.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    How can a committee set up to call people to account do so without any understanding of the facts?
    They're politicians, if it doesn't directly concern their self interest they won't take the time to get informed, they're only there for the brownie points of sitting on a committee that gets their mugs on the TV.

Useless corrupt tossers the lot of them.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Not sure I chucked my bottle of wine at the TV at this point hitting Steve Barclay
    Nice shot

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Not sure

Even stranger - they are building a new 'on air talent modus operandi' to allow 'genuine freelancers to be employed as self-employed so there will be no need for a PSC' (1h 30m 10s) Ideas? Anyone?
    Not sure I chucked my bottle of wine at the TV at this point hitting Steve Barclay

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Apparently they are also putting in Employment Tests, agreed with HMR&C, from Jan '13

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I had an evening in the company of my MP, at a social event in the Village. I harrangued her until she agreed to bu**er off to the Australian jungle for a few weeks.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Is Mark Frisk on this committee?

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    Arse clowns, arse clowns, what ya gonna do?
    What ya gonna do if we vote for you?

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Write to your MP, demand to speak to them about it at their next surgery (oh I hate that word).

I had an evening in the company of my MP, at a social event in the Village. I harrangued her until she agreed to speak to the treasury. I am now in touch with people at the treasury about the effects of IR35 enforcement, on off payroll Public Sector staff. One thing I have noted, is that they do actually listen to you, if you have a cohesive complaint, backed up with information, especially if you cna pout a hard cold fact to them. I received an email this morning, outlining the fact they are looking at it. The trouble is, no MP is going to be interested in IR35 until you ask them to stand up and find out about it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Still listening to this bunch - they have just stated that the BBC could be at risk of fines from HMR&C for not checking the IR35 compliance of their contract workers (1m 22s) - first I've heard - what about you lot???
    Is there a contact you can write to to complain about the quality of the committee?

How about contacting the BBC? Point out that the committee set up to review them doesn't know what it's talking about?

The phrase "Woefully Uninformed" would seem appropiate.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Still listening to this bunch - they have just stated that the BBC could be at risk of fines from HMR&C for not checking the IR35 compliance of their contract workers (1m 22s) - first I've heard - what about you lot???

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Even more scary

That is painful - how can the Government have so little understanding of a subject that affects well over a million people in the UK
    Even more scary - These are the most informed MP's they could find to join the committee, think what the other know !!!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Cynicism or experience SS?
    A healthy mix of the two

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    It all depends what sort of conclusion you want the committee to arrive upon.
    Cynicism or experience SS?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X