• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Friday puzzle

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Friday puzzle"

Collapse

• mudskipper
    replied
    No clue as to the key?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Some Canadians reckon they've cracked it

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Cracked part of it - NURP stands for National Union of Racing Pigeons.

Some of the pigeons used in WW2 were even awarded medals

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    "dear beneficiary

We are top official of the federal government contract review panel who are interested in imporation of goods into our country with funds which are presently trapped in nigeria. In order to commence this business we solicit your assistance to enable us transfer into your account the said trapped funds.
    Nah, wrong era.

Correct text follows:

Dere benfitzary

Ve haf ze picture of ze Madonna wiz ze big boobiez und ze nummers of ze Sweess bank kontos.

Ve need your hilfe to get ze loot out before ze fall of ze Vaterland.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    "I am in a zipped up hold all in the bath tub"

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    "Good news STOP Ve haf stolen a crack British carrier pigeon STOP Heil Hitler STOP"

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    If GCHQ can't decode it then how do they know it's not something that should remain classified?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I thought they got their first gift from a nazi who wrote "good morning" from Norway every morning.

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Maybe the last bit says something like "God save the King". The Bletchley bods allegedly got their start by realising that most German codes started with "Heil Hitler".
    And many others started with a weather forecast, which contained a regular set of easily guessable words.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Maybe the last bit says something like "God save the King". The Bletchley bods allegedly got their start by realising that most German codes started with "Heil Hitler".

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I think that is a variable naming list the Romanians have been using in our place.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    "dear beneficiary

request for urgent business relationship

Yours faithfully,

dr clement okon

note; please quote this reference number (ve/s/09/99) in all your responses."
    Interesting letter, but I've reported 'dr clement okon' to my good friend Mr Jacob N'Dogo from Lagos on the grounds of breach of copyright.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    "dear beneficiary

request for urgent business relationship

first, i must solicit your strictest confidence in this transaction. This is by virtue of its nature as being utterly confidential and 'top secret'. I am sure and have confidence of your ability and reliability to prosecute a transaction of this great magnitude involving a pending transaction requiring maxiimum confidence.

We are top official of the federal government contract review panel who are interested in imporation of goods into our country with funds which are presently trapped in nigeria. In order to commence this business we solicit your assistance to enable us transfer into your account the said trapped funds.

The source of this fund is as follows; during the last military regime here in nigeria, the government officials set up companies and awarded themselves contracts which were grossly over-invoiced in various ministries. The present civilian government set up a contract review panel and we have identified a lot of inflated contract funds which are presently floating in the central bank of nigeria ready for payment.

However, by virtue of our position as civil servants and members of this panel, we cannot acquire this money in our names. I have therefore, been delegated as a matter of trust by my colleagues of the panel to look for an overseas partner into whose account we would transfer the sum of us$21,320,000.00(twenty one million, three hundred and twenty thousand u.s dollars). Hence we are writing you this letter. We have agreed to share the money thus; 1. 20% for the account owner 2. 70% for us (the officials) 3. 10% to be used in settling taxation and all local and foreign expenses. It is from the 70% that we wish to commence the importation business.

Please,note that this transaction is 100% safe and we hope to commence the transfer latest seven (7) banking days from the date of the receipt of the following informatiom by tel/fax; 234-1-7740449, your company's signed, and stamped letterhead paper the above information will enable us write letters of claim and job description respectively. This way we will use your company's name to apply for payment and re-award the contract in your company's name.

We are looking forward to doing this business with you and solicit your confidentiality in this transation. Please acknowledge the receipt of this letter using the above tel/fax numbers. I will send you detailed information of this pending project when i have heard from you.

Yours faithfully,

dr clement okon

note; please quote this reference number (ve/s/09/99) in all your responses."

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Albert
    replied
    Dummkopf, I never said "Gas ze Jews" I said "Bleed ze radiators"

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I see a reference to Spurs in the first line, Champions in the third, and some very long odds at the end.

Is it a betting slip?
    I noticed that. It's from a Private SY01 Snr.

It reads 'Dear General, please find attached a copy of a note from my mum who says I am to ill to fight this month. I have had an awful sniffle for sometime and she says I might get really sick if I have to stay in this trench for much longer. In addition I would like to point out that the business requirements for this war where not of a high enough standard and I have been having to show Private Ranjit how to program the radio again.'

Message ends.
    Last edited by administrator; 23 November 2012, 21:08. Reason: No using real names please. Call him Corporal Pike.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X