• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What noise should electric cars make in the future?"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    It should make the same noise that is made when you stick trading cards in the spokes of bicycles
    Good one!

When I was a kid folks used to drop fag packets on the street so we used those.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    It should make the same noise that is made when you stick trading cards in the spokes of bicycles

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I want a steam train for mine...
    Chitt-chitty-bang-bang for me please.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I want a steam train for mine...
    How about an antique 20th century milk float tone - a loud whining noise with a clink of bottles?

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    I hate to bring SouthPark into the debate, but clearly electric cars should make a sound similar to:-

Smuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggg.

That or they should play an endless loop of "I am a self righteous global warming believing barsteward".

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    What terrified me in NL was the way kids on mopeds would zoom up on the inside of you, head down to decrease wind resistance, assuming that because of the priority from the right you would see them coming and give way when making a right turn yourself.

I got used to it pretty quickly, but I have often wondered how many a moped riders a year get wiped out by foreigners who aren't used to coming to a complete standstill and looking over their shoulders when doing a right turn.
    Quite a few. Their mums miss them.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Ninky Nonk.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Oops. Didn't spot that.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to vetran again.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Over here in NL, if an accident involves a car driver and a pedestrian or cyclist, then the car driver gets the legal blame by default, even if the pedestrian's wearing dark clothing and wobbling about drunk in the middle of the night, or even if the cyclist has no lights and is on the wrong side of the road. It supposedly protects 'weaker road users' against cars and trucks, but actually just encourages irresponsible behaviour.
    What terrified me in NL was the way kids on mopeds would zoom up on the inside of you, head down to decrease wind resistance, assuming that because of the priority from the right you would see them coming and give way when making a right turn yourself.

I got used to it pretty quickly, but I have often wondered how many a moped riders a year get wiped out by foreigners who aren't used to coming to a complete standstill and looking over their shoulders when doing a right turn.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    More like the click and shutter sound that digital cameras make.

Nice one.

I was given a lift in a Prius the other day and I questioned the owner on this very subject. She's had a couple of close shaves herself.
    Crossover thread alert http://forums.contractoruk.com/general/84127-pubes.html

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    We discussed this a couple of years ago. I reckon you'll be able to get drive tones for electric cars, like ring tones for mobile phones today.
    More like the click and shutter sound that digital cameras make.

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I plan to get a "galloping horses" drive tone
    Nice one.

I was given a lift in a Prius the other day and I questioned the owner on this very subject. She's had a couple of close shaves herself.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Wow, electric cars and facials; that's quite a combination, even for CUK.
    well since there is no radiator to bleed one has to be inventive!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    you missed the 'SPLAT' option.
    Wow, electric cars and facials; that's quite a combination, even for CUK.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    you missed the 'SPLAT' option.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Plan to tackle 'silent killer' electric cars - Telegraph

About time the fooking lemming ped(o)estrians got used to looking out instead of listening. Last night in Lewisham some kid looking for a Darwin award walked in front of me. I slammed on the brakes and screamed - luckily he jumped backwards and I missed him by an inch.
    Agreed, although blind folks might have an issue with this, although they probably don't get run over often because they have a sensible, well adjusted and responsible dog that looks before crossing the road.

I get the impression there's too much legislation directed at protecting idiots against themselves. Over here in NL, if an accident involves a car driver and a pedestrian or cyclist, then the car driver gets the legal blame by default, even if the pedestrian's wearing dark clothing and wobbling about drunk in the middle of the night, or even if the cyclist has no lights and is on the wrong side of the road. It supposedly protects 'weaker road users' against cars and trucks, but actually just encourages irresponsible behaviour.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X