• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Lloyds

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Lloyds"

Collapse

• interested
    replied
    Originally posted by portseven View Post
    Small percentage now, only if you have 'niche skills'

Majority of contractors now are being resourced through Bobco's
    Not true:

Group IT is via Hyphen
    Group Change Management is via a PSL
    Rest is done via Reed
    Then there are the SOW contractors/Consultants/BobCo's

As someone said, LBG is a big beast.

Leave a comment:

• portseven
    replied
    Originally posted by mos View Post
    Are all LBG contracts going through Hyphen now? I remember dealing with Reed a few years back.
    Small percentage now, only if you have 'niche skills'

Majority of contractors now are being resourced through Bobco's

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    Happened to me yesterday. Being quizzed on developing web services in java. Not a sniff of java on my cv, or on the job spec.
    Perhaps that's a sign that your CV is so strong they are fully confident you'd pick new skills in no time?

Nah...

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    I have just had a terrible experience with Lloyds and their crummy portal.

Shortlisted down to just 3 people for a role with specific skillset, hence tailored CV accordingly. Had a storming 2 hours interview.

Portal feedback was just 'Unsuitable' and role unfilled.

Turned out that they chose someone interviewed for another role with a completely different skillset as they happened to have Mortgage experience.

On the plus side they would like me in London, but I am holding out to stay local for now.

Wish they declared the mortgage knowledge at the job-spec, or at the very least as part of the interview as I have excellent mortgage experience from both mainstream banks and sub-prime.

Totally wasted the time of the three of us.

Lifes tapestry, move on and all of that.......
    Happened to me yesterday. Being quizzed on developing web services in java. Not a sniff of java on my cv, or on the job spec.

Not everyone is good at doing interviews, and some actually relish the power and like the sound of their own voice.

Leave a comment:

• realityhack
    replied
    If you're going through all this faff, you're doing it wrong.

LBG is a big beast, and it depends entirely on where the role is and who for.

If it's Group IT, then good luck with all that bureaucratic nonsense. Far better to sneak in through the front door.

Leave a comment:

• Gruffalo
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW View Post
    It's only wasted Wilmslow if you did not learn any lessons from it ...
    Learned that I was about to be offered, but they changed their mind from the job spec that was posted.

On the positive side, I am fairly clear about why the interview went well, which has boosted my confidence, which is very much needed at this very moment........

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
    It's only wasted Wilmslow if you did not learn any lessons from it ...

Leave a comment:

• Gruffalo
    replied
    I have just had a terrible experience with Lloyds and their crummy portal.

Shortlisted down to just 3 people for a role with specific skillset, hence tailored CV accordingly. Had a storming 2 hours interview.

Portal feedback was just 'Unsuitable' and role unfilled.

Turned out that they chose someone interviewed for another role with a completely different skillset as they happened to have Mortgage experience.

On the plus side they would like me in London, but I am holding out to stay local for now.

Wish they declared the mortgage knowledge at the job-spec, or at the very least as part of the interview as I have excellent mortgage experience from both mainstream banks and sub-prime.

Lifes tapestry, move on and all of that.......

Leave a comment:

• mos
    replied
    LBG go through Hyphen, agent gets 8%, hyphen get 2% but if hyphen place themselves then they get all 10%.
    Are all LBG contracts going through Hyphen now? I remember dealing with Reed a few years back.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by Notascooby View Post
    LBG go through Hyphen, agent gets 8%, hyphen get 2% but if hyphen place themselves then they get all 10%.

Also LBG have people cost boards to jump through for bringing on headcount. So you jump through one board to get approval to bring on a contractor but this doesn't give you the right to pay them, thats another cost board.

So managers decide to get the job spec out early but don't have people cost board approval, this might not meet for another 2 weeks and if get knocked back then its a further 2 weeks...

It can be a nightmare and the agent knows nothing about it so can't keep you informed. Other times they can have everything lined up and sorted out and its very slick but it's usually the former.
    The pimp says that the job is signed off, that there is a purchase order in place and that my CV has gone over. But because of this 3rd party they cannot chase things or get time estimates. I can't understand how a big company can act like that. Surely if you spend 2 weeks farting about before even deciding who to see, the people they probably want will no longer be available and you'll end up with a choice out of who is left!! The role I'm up for is in leeds. So a fairly easy day commute, able to stay at home etc but because of the time they are taking I'll probably end up doing another job in London.

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    So they spend more money costing stuff than it can ever actually cost.

See here the real reason for western economic decline.
    You should see their Outline Technology Estimate which involves the "Expert Estimating Group" where before you can even start asking for funding for a project, you need to predict (without study or design) how much the entire project will cost.

Quite something!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Notascooby View Post

Also LBG have people cost boards to jump through for bringing on headcount. So you jump through one board to get approval to bring on a contractor but this doesn't give you the right to pay them, thats another cost board.

So managers decide to get the job spec out early but don't have people cost board approval, this might not meet for another 2 weeks and if get knocked back then its a further 2 weeks...

It can be a nightmare and the agent knows nothing about it so can't keep you informed. Other times they can have everything lined up and sorted out and its very slick but it's usually the former.
    So they spend more money costing stuff than it can ever actually cost.

See here the real reason for western economic decline.

Leave a comment:

• Notascooby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• ChrisPackit
    replied
    I've done a gig for LTSB before for over 12 months, most of my experience is retail banking and my CV is a perfect match for the job spec's (after it's been tuned up), and I must have put CV's for 6 roles and never heard from 5 of them.

You're not alone...

Leave a comment:

• Scoi
    replied
    I had a nightmare with my last application. Agent submitted me without asking took weeks to find out what was going on. 2 months later, after giving him a polite telling off I asked how the application was proceeding, nothing apparently, they are not interested at present, asked him to remove my application and miraculously, that same day the clientco wanted to interview me. I used to think there was no point in pestering the pimps but they are useless tulips at times/always.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X