• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have just had a terrible experience with Lloyds and their crummy portal.

Shortlisted down to just 3 people for a role with specific skillset, hence tailored CV accordingly. Had a storming 2 hours interview.

Portal feedback was just 'Unsuitable' and role unfilled.

Turned out that they chose someone interviewed for another role with a completely different skillset as they happened to have Mortgage experience.

On the plus side they would like me in London, but I am holding out to stay local for now.

Wish they declared the mortgage knowledge at the job-spec, or at the very least as part of the interview as I have excellent mortgage experience from both mainstream banks and sub-prime.

Totally wasted the time of the three of us.

Lifes tapestry, move on and all of that.......

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
      It's only wasted Wilmslow if you did not learn any lessons from it ...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It's only wasted Wilmslow if you did not learn any lessons from it ...
        Learned that I was about to be offered, but they changed their mind from the job spec that was posted.

On the positive side, I am fairly clear about why the interview went well, which has boosted my confidence, which is very much needed at this very moment........

Comment

If you're going through all this faff, you're doing it wrong.

LBG is a big beast, and it depends entirely on where the role is and who for.

If it's Group IT, then good luck with all that bureaucratic nonsense. Far better to sneak in through the front door.

Comment

Originally posted by Gruffalo View Post
            I have just had a terrible experience with Lloyds and their crummy portal.

Shortlisted down to just 3 people for a role with specific skillset, hence tailored CV accordingly. Had a storming 2 hours interview.

Portal feedback was just 'Unsuitable' and role unfilled.

Turned out that they chose someone interviewed for another role with a completely different skillset as they happened to have Mortgage experience.

On the plus side they would like me in London, but I am holding out to stay local for now.

Wish they declared the mortgage knowledge at the job-spec, or at the very least as part of the interview as I have excellent mortgage experience from both mainstream banks and sub-prime.

Lifes tapestry, move on and all of that.......
            Happened to me yesterday. Being quizzed on developing web services in java. Not a sniff of java on my cv, or on the job spec.

Not everyone is good at doing interviews, and some actually relish the power and like the sound of their own voice.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              Happened to me yesterday. Being quizzed on developing web services in java. Not a sniff of java on my cv, or on the job spec.
              Perhaps that's a sign that your CV is so strong they are fully confident you'd pick new skills in no time?

Nah...

Comment

Originally posted by mos View Post
                Are all LBG contracts going through Hyphen now? I remember dealing with Reed a few years back.
                Small percentage now, only if you have 'niche skills'

Majority of contractors now are being resourced through Bobco's
                Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by portseven View Post
                  Small percentage now, only if you have 'niche skills'

Majority of contractors now are being resourced through Bobco's
                  Not true:

Group IT is via Hyphen
                  Group Change Management is via a PSL
                  Rest is done via Reed
                  Then there are the SOW contractors/Consultants/BobCo's

As someone said, LBG is a big beast.

Comment

Working...
                  X