• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Top University graduates working in Pubs"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Came across this website today.

"We have nearly 150 employees, more than 80% hold university degrees".

Reminded me of our own sasguru

Funny how different cultures prioritise different things to promote on their websites.
    At the permie job I had before I went self-employed that figure was 100%, some of them being MScs and doctorates. Nobody bragged about it, but they did fall over laughing when a sales droid presented his business card with "BSc" proudly displayed.

At the other extreme was a mate who worked in pharmaceuticals. He had lots of letters after his name on his business card because it got him meetings with senior doctors.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I think this says more about your mind than mine.

Ha!

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    It doesn't remind you of a willy and two bollocks then? Good. Just don't think of it as a willy and two bollocks.
    I think this says more about your mind than mine.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    There's one at the top too.

Posh shoes and a cool hat. All glamourous women wear posh shoes and a cool hat.
    It doesn't remind you of a willy and two bollocks then? Good. Just don't think of it as a willy and two bollocks.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    What about that little appendage at the bottom then?
    There's one at the top too.

Posh shoes and a cool hat. All glamourous women wear posh shoes and a cool hat.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I Like that equation; it's quite voluptuous. Wide at the top, narrowing at the waist and a nice sturdy pair of hips. Very feminine and quite erotic. Carry on please.
    What about that little appendage at the bottom then?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by doodab View Post
    Coke bottle shaped?
    Indeed, but it's rather like a lady seen with the head and the bottom of the page; the last brackets remind me of a sumptuous pair of breasts

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    I Like that equation; it's quite voluptuous. Wide at the top, narrowing at the waist and a nice sturdy pair of hips. Very feminine and quite erotic. Carry on please.
    Coke bottle shaped?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    You want to compare "oh I think, they think, I think" dribble with Euler's equations...

Leave a comment:

• doodab
    replied
    So what is x then?
    A real number.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Stick to google honey.
    Busted.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    You want to compare "oh I think, they think, I think" dribble with Euler's equations...

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Mrs Swamp just finished a difficult law course with a bunch of (mostly) post-Oxbridge students. In general they were all looking to work in Asia, especially China.

These people are the best-of-the-best, the top of Britain. And most of them are looking to get out.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I am not sure that con is the right word.
    I got a lot of benefit from going to uni, but you are right, it didnt't do what it said on the tin
    You're probably right, 'con' isn't the right word, and that is because Tony Blair et al actually believed it.

Misguided maybe?

My son finished his A-levels in the summer and he said many of his peers seem to be going to university because everyone else is. But not many know exactly why, other than a belief that any degree is better than no degree at all, and three or four years at uni is a great crack.

He didn't buy into that, and wasn't comfortable with running up all that debt either.

So he got a trainee job instead, and is now on the career path at a big department store. He's as happy as a pig in sh!t.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    If we assume the limit is X --> Infinity, we get indeterminate forms in both cases where it's +j or -j

Now, why is blue better than red?
    Stick to google honey.
    Last edited by minestrone; 8 November 2012, 23:03.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X