• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Has anyone commuted Motorway M1 to Halifax?"

Collapse

• JoeyD
    replied
    As you drive down the hill from the M62 towards Halifax, a voice in your head says "You are now arriving in Halifax. Please turn your watch back 300 years"

Peace !!

Joe !!

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Has anyone commuted Motorway M1 to Halifax?

Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    I spent 8 years in Todmorden, so I know Halifax pretty well.
    What's in Toddy IT-wise?

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    Did you hear the banjo's? Do you have webbed feet?

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied

Leave a comment:

• barrydidit
    replied
    On that theme, my new gig features a graduate who now knows that Halifax is a place, as well as a bank. Soon everyone will know. But still not able to get there

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire!
    Yorkshire? Yorkshire? I am sure I have heard of that before. Oh yes - there is a Yorkshire Grey roundabout in Eltham.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Where is Halifax?
    God's Own Republic Of Yorkshire!

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    You can try the A650 from J41 (M1) to J26 (M62) or Pick up the A58 from there to Halifax but its as much of six of one and half a dozen of the other

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Just been put in for a role there myself. Won't even have to change my digs as I'm in Bradford at present

Straight over the top to Wyke, through Lightcliffe and Hipperholme - piece of piss!
    Ever been to the Shibden Mill Inn between Fax and Hipperholme. Recommended for Sunday lunch and sunny days.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Where is Halifax?

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Just been put in for a role there myself. Won't even have to change my digs as I'm in Bradford at present

Straight over the top to Wyke, through Lightcliffe and Hipperholme - piece of piss!

Leave a comment:

• BA to the Stars
    replied
    Car parking can be a pain in Halifax as well. As said previously, there a queues into Halifax on a morning from 8AM onwards. train takes about half an hour from Leeds and there are 4 services per hour.

If you are going to drive, set off early and be aware that the M1 often queues from Wakefield into Leeds on a morning, although you will be off at Lofthouse onto the M62. Be aware of the speed cameras on the M62, it is an average speed check of 50 all the way to the turn off for Halifax.

Leave a comment:

• Fandango
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Best advice is to come up the M1, travel across the M62, travel past the Halifax turn off, look right down the valley in to Halifax, think 'f**k that', turn around and go home.

Sorted.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Best advice is to come up the M1, travel across the M62, travel past the Halifax turn off, look right down the valley in to Halifax, think 'f**k that', turn around and go home.

Sorted.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Has anyone commuted Motorway M1 to Halifax?

Loads of SAS roles in Halifax I see, wonder if sasguru is in fact a Northerner with a Yaris working there as a junior....

Leave a comment:

Working...
X