• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "2hrs in Brussels, what to do?"

Collapse

• hyperD
    replied
    2hrs in Brussels, what to do?
    An audit?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

I'm here in Brussels with Chef now and he's definitely gay.

Really he is.

Leave a comment:

• adubya
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    Take the underground to Brussels nord station, have a walk up and down the Rue d'Aerschot. I am sure you will find somewhere
    Clicky

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You can think about my GT 86.
    Jalopnik

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    You can think about my GT 86.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    I'm catching the Eurostar back to the UK soon and have a 2hr stop over in Brussels.
    Start queuing for customs/security right now.

HTH

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    Take the underground to Brussels nord station, have a walk up and down the Rue d'Aerschot. I am sure you will find somewhere.

The eurostar goes from the South station which is called 'Midi', not speaking Flemish, i assumes that Midi meant middle and headed back to Brussels centre, missed the train and had an expensive journey home.
    Midi is the French word for the geographical direction South. The Flemish word is Zuid.

The station is Bruxelles Midi (French) or Brussel Zuid (Flemish).

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    I'm catching the Eurostar back to the UK soon and have a 2hr stop over in Brussels.

Any ideas on a good place to eat/drink nearby the eurostar station?

Last time I was there I went directly outside and sat in the very tacky place filled with drunks. This time as gf chef is with me then I'd like to find somewhere a bit better.
    Yep, opposite the main entrance of the station in a modern square, a huge restaurant serving good oysters and lobsters. Can't remember the name though.

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    Take the underground to Brussels nord station, have a walk up and down the Rue d'Aerschot. I am sure you will find somewhere.

The eurostar goes from the South station which is called 'Midi', not speaking Flemish, i assumes that Midi meant middle and headed back to Brussels centre, missed the train and had an expensive journey home.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Au Bon vieux temps is a good one

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Some nice bars in Rue d' Aershot just outside Gare de Nord

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

We can have a receipt-a-thon, I have loads! Found some A1 bars, not tacky, more like olde worlde UK ones are supposed to be, I love it here!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Last time I was there I went directly outside and sat in the very tacky place filled with drunks. This time as gf chef is with me then I'd like to find somewhere a bit better.
    Go round the hotels and ask them if you can get a room for an hour - "so you can shower".

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    You and Stek could have a session in his room if you can give him a few receipts IMO...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X