• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Owen, England an Sven"

Collapse

• Joe Black.
    replied
    Originally posted by Bitbucket
    World cup is just so overrated , from what I can see at the moment its just a bunch of medichore teams playing really dull football.

Everyone is just playing a defensive game , hence the low number of goals scored.

Really couldnt care less who wins it , but I just dont think England are hungry enough , would put money on Germany purely because of the home advantage.
    TBH i much prefer rugby, but there have been some great games so far in the group stage with some amazing goals. Even the 1 - 1 2 - 2 draws have been great because of the implications for the second stage. I know what u mean u can get some really diabolical games where both teams are happy with a 0 - 0 draw.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    After which they will be proscribed

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Strikers? Who needs strikers?

Leave a comment:

• Bitbucket
    replied
    World cup is just so overrated , from what I can see at the moment its just a bunch of medichore teams playing really dull football.

Everyone is just playing a defensive game , hence the low number of goals scored.

Really couldnt care less who wins it , but I just dont think England are hungry enough , would put money on Germany purely because of the home advantage.
    Last edited by Bitbucket; 22 June 2006, 03:54.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Xenophon
    prescribed*

Sorry... still hungover

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Is there a fashion for flying the St George flag from cars in England like the last World Cup, I recall that the flags had been sourced by an enterprising gentleman from Pakistan, I think the St George flags were made in China.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    I've just heard that, JoJo says that walcott (sp?) might be allowed out to play if he eats all his tea up and goes to bed on time.

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Like Christmas decorations - is there a proscribed period when all St George flags have to be removed from cars/taken down once we are knocked out?
    prescribed*

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll
    Like Christmas decorations - is there a proscribed period when all St George flags have to be removed from cars/taken down once we are out?
    A week after ...so that'll be around 16th July.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Like Christmas decorations - is there a proscribed period when all St George flags have to be removed from cars/taken down once we are knocked out?

Leave a comment:

• PRC1964
    replied
    Originally posted by Phoenix
    Well who is the First Striker then?
    Peter Crouch of course

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by swamp
    List of possible 2nd strikers:

1. Peter Crouch
    Well who is the First Striker then?

Leave a comment:

• Ruprect
    replied
    doom, gloom, doom, gloom etc.

England were never going to win the WC anyway, because we never win anything. Watch any of Italy, Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Germany etc. They are all playing better football. WOWO owen, we have no chance.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    List of possible 2nd strikers:

1. Peter Crouch

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru
    Don't worry. Sven is a genius and the Jules Rimet trophy is in the bag already. I don't know why the other teams just don't go home now.
    True, but not our bag. As I understand it, Brazil won the Jules Rimet Trophy forever in 1970.

Listening to Danny Mills, who played many games under Sven, and he is less than impressed with his mind-management.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X