• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Dog attack

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Dog attack"

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    No. Just me and Sasguru.
    I have a dog too you know.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Do you have a dog? Is everyone here an expert on fkcing everything?
    No. Just me and Sasguru.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Who said anything about fcking everything ? It was just an innocent sniff of the arse wot started this

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'll suggest the muzzle. I think it's a bit harsh as he and the pooch were minding their own business. If I ran up and sniffed someones crotch* and got a slap, would I be surprised?

* not entirely a fair comparison admittedly

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Er, yes (*). Doesn't everyone?

(*) Actually I poo in the neighbours garden
    That would make you a cat then.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    You are not a dog though. Do you tulip in the garden? Do you lick your balls?
    Er, yes (*). Doesn't everyone?

(*) Actually I poo in the neighbours garden

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    I'll suggest the muzzle. I think it's a bit harsh as he and the pooch were minding their own business. If I ran up and sniffed someones crotch* and got a slap, would I be surprised?

* not entirely a fair comparison admittedly
    You are not a dog though. Do you tulip in the garden? Do you lick your balls?

I agree with the muzzle comment. We have a dog and he has never ever shown any aggression towards anything...quite the opposite he's the biggest puff going. But if he ever did ever attack any other dog he'd be wearing a muzzle. A dog can attack something before you know it, as in this case. Its not worth the risk. Ask your mate how he'd feel if he were forced to have his dog put down because it attacked another.

Leave a comment:

• RasputinDude
    replied
    Agree with DaveB.

If a dog comes running up to another that's on a lead, then I was say that the owners of the loose dog need to train their dog better.

I find a lot of the time that it's small dogs that are badly trained - my GSD has been attacked more times than I can count by small mutts (usually westie type things) running up and biting her.
    Last edited by RasputinDude; 5 November 2012, 09:40. Reason: fix typo

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    All dogs and dog owners should be licensed and taxed
    All dogs owners should be tagged.
    Owners should only be allowed to keep dogs if they have a garden.
    Dogs should be on a lead at all times in public.
    Dogs should poo in their owns property and not in parks, playgrounds, pavments etc
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    WDBS

Generally dogs of the leash are ones that are thought to be out of control of their owners.

As long as your mate doesn't admit his dog is anti-social there is absolutely no way the other dog owners can get any cash out of him. As the only thing they can try and do is prosecute him privately.

I wish more dog owners trained their dogs properly or kept them on the leash then incidences like this wouldn't happen.

There are a few dog owners in my local park who have trained their dogs not to approach other dogs without their permission. (It's interesting to watch.) Their dogs also don't jump up at people or chase runners and cyclists.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Dog on dog attacks have no relevance in law, there is no legislation that covers it. Dog on person, yes. Dog on dog, no.

In terms of the law with regard to attacks on people the courts will look at whether a dog was out of control. In basic terms this means was it on a lead or not. From there it will examine the behaviour of the owner and what were the circumstances of the attack.

In this case your friend is the one who's dog was under control, the other dog was not. Even if the other guy does go to the police, they will tell him to get lost as no offence has been committed. If he does manage to get them to look into it, possibly by claiming it attacked him, then the fact that your friend had his dog on a lead and under control places the fault with the other guy for not controlling his dog.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    I thought this thread was about someone attacking your missus while you were out dogging.
    That was last week, do try to keep up.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    I thought this thread was about someone attacking your missus while you were out dogging.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I am sick of trolls running around cuk spouting bollux. They should be neutered.
    or i could set me mates pooch on 'em

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by dogzilla View Post
    The same goes for parents too then. Sick and tired of seeing this ******* kids run around shopping centers ready to get trampled on because their ****wit parents got knocked up.
    I am sick of trolls running around cuk spouting bollux. They should be neutered.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X