• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Blair hijacks World Cup"

Collapse

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    It is all about opinions.

Hargreaves has lots of experience against most of the good players in this world cup during several years at the sharp end of the Champions League, and done pretty well.

Carrick has never played in the Champions League, and has little experience of playing for England against great players, so if I were Sven I'd be happy to stick with Hargreaves. But I'm not, so who knows.

Agreed! How can you compare Carrick and Hargreaves? One is defensive the other isn't Knobs!

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    Carrick has never played in the Champions League
    And he never will if he stays at tulipe Hart Lane...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by ALM
    Hargreaves had better game than he usually does but I doubt he'll perform in the knock-out stages of the competition when we face a better side. Given our shortcomings in the second half, Carrick is a better option IMO.
    It is all about opinions.

Hargreaves has lots of experience against most of the good players in this world cup during several years at the sharp end of the Champions League, and done pretty well.

Carrick has never played in the Champions League, and has little experience of playing for England against great players, so if I were Sven I'd be happy to stick with Hargreaves. But I'm not, so who knows.

Leave a comment:

• ALM
    replied
    Hargreaves had better game than he usually does but I doubt he'll perform in the knock-out stages of the competition when we face a better side. Given our shortcomings in the second half, Carrick is a better option IMO.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    It seems clear to me that he should stay in now. Gerard and/or Lampard will have to play further up the field. Lampard looked happier with Hargreaves there.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    And after all that, Hargreaves had a good game first half, not quite so good 2nd half though - like the rest of the team.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by ALM
    Unless I'm mistaken, he doesn't even play a holding midfield role for Bayern Munich does he?
    Yes he does.
    Owen Hargreaves is no Makelele, Viera or Keane.
    I never said he was. They were three of the best. If we had one of those three available for England, Eriksson would pick them instead.
    They're strong aggressive midfielders who win back balls in midfield and break up the opposing team's play. Is Owen Hargreaves capable of this? I dont think so. Nothing he's done for us in the past would suggest he is.
    He did it very well in the games leading up to the 2002 world cup, but was then injured 20 minutes into the first group game. Butt took his place, and after the world cup, Scholes and the advent of Gerrard and Lampard kept him on the bench.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Who is Lord Lucan?

Is he really El Duder or Defamator in disguise? Or both? In which case I claim £10.

Leave a comment:

• Spartacus
    replied
    I'm a bit puzzled too. Even after Lord Lightweight edited his rant a couple of times, I still can't fathom what he's going on about.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
    IMHO i couldn't give a **** what you like or dislike for that matter.
    You may like dressing up in rubber suites for all i care. Its your life and if you choose to like assholes then last up to you. Next..
    I
    suits
    I
    It's
    last up to you?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
    I quite like Sasguru.
    Why thank you DS. We seem to have had an influx of psychotic children on the site recently.
    Last edited by sasguru; 20 June 2006, 15:37.

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    Originally posted by lORD lUCAN
    IMHO i couldn't give a ****
    Well why do you keep going on about him then? Do you perhaps find him strangely attractive?

Leave a comment:

• lORD lUCAN
    replied
    Originally posted by Dalek Supreme
    I quite like Sasguru.
    IMHO i couldn't give a **** what you like or dislike for that matter.
    You may like dressing up in rubber suites for all i care. Its your life and if you choose to like assholes then last up to you. Next..
    Last edited by lORD lUCAN; 20 June 2006, 15:32.

Leave a comment:

• Dalek Supreme
    replied
    I quite like Sasguru.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    Originally posted by ALM
    Unless I'm mistaken, he doesn't even play a holding midfield role for Bayern Munich does he? Owen Hargreaves is no Makelele, Viera or Keane. The holding midfielder role is an important one but he'll never fullfill it the same way as they would. They're strong aggressive midfielders who win back balls in midfield and break up the opposing team's play. Is Owen Hargreaves capable of this? I dont think so. Nothing he's done for us in the past would suggest he is.
    You may be right. He'll start for the first time today so lets see.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X