• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Have a load of past CUK posts gone missing?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Do you not think thats your body trying to tell you something?
    Yep. Keep away from the kids. I will get fewer bugs.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    As ever, injury is the big enemy.
    Do you not think thats your body trying to tell you something?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    Nutter!
    Its true.

Even those on the tritalk forum agree.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    I have entered midnightman again next year - but I really really want to do a double. 5 mile swim, 230 mile cycle, 52 mile run. The event I have my eye on forms part of the ultra world cup. Home - Enduroman Events . But its a tough course. The time linit on the swim is 3.5 hours. The cycle has cattle, horses and old people wandering across the roads. A total climb of 1.5 miles. If that is survived the run course is one of the toughest around.

I am still undecided. At the moment I am learning to swim properly - I am swimming 5/6 times a week. And I am losing weight. But its a huge challenge.

But its a stepping stone to my ultimate challenge. A deca man. I like to prove people wrong. http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1566493

Or push a two year old in a pushchair round Cardiff?
    Nutter!

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    you are a better man than I am , gunga dhin
    I seriously doubt that judging from your Friday stories. I still miss them.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    you are a better man than I am , gunga dhin

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Iron man yes, even a double event but that deca man thing is totally and utterly insane.
    Have you not realised by now that I am totally and utterly insane? Even on a quiet week I do 15 hours of exercise. On a good week 30.

But I have to build up slowly. I need to do a double, triple and quin first. As ever, injury is the big enemy. I have recently been ill a couple of times. Its very hard to bounce back. Just a couple of days of and my back and knees hurt. Alot. I have to do a load of pilates on top of the exercise.

I am going to see how it goes. But surely I am allowed to dream?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I am still undecided. At the moment I am learning to swim properly - I am swimming 5/6 times a week. And I am losing weight. But its a huge challenge.

But its a stepping stone to my ultimate challenge. A deca man. I like to prove people wrong. http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ml#post1566493
    There are very few times when I whole heartedly agree with MF but in the case below I can only agree

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    You sad deluded .

Iron man yes, even a double event but that deca man thing is totally and utterly insane.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    No need to ban, just do another iron man - it almost kept you quiet for a while

Any plans to do another?
    I have entered midnightman again next year - but I really really want to do a double. 5 mile swim, 230 mile cycle, 52 mile run. The event I have my eye on forms part of the ultra world cup. Home - Enduroman Events . But its a tough course. The time linit on the swim is 3.5 hours. The cycle has cattle, horses and old people wandering across the roads. A total climb of 1.5 miles. If that is survived the run course is one of the toughest around.

RH has already done that joke. For his next one he plans to push a two year old in a pushchair into the fast lane of the M25.
    Or push a two year old in a pushchair round Cardiff?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    RH has already done that joke. For his next one he plans to push a two year old in a pushchair into the fast lane of the M25.
    You approved of that joke by contributing towards the ban

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    FTFY

Alas I will probably be banned again someday for comments on the s58 thread - but I will try to PM you and the mods first to ask for a ban until I calm down. Or maybe RH could ban me for charity?

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    FTFY

Alas I will probably be banned again someday for comments on the s58 thread - but I will try to PM you and the mods first to ask for a ban until I calm down. Or maybe RH could ban me for charity?
    No need to ban, just do another iron man - it almost kept you quiet for a while

Any plans to do another?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    you were still a complete bastard even when apologising - it is a good trait to survice on cuk
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    So in summary, vBulletin search is broken. How hard is it to search a set of records in a database table?!

Why doesn't someone fix the damned thing? vBulletin is used all over the place isn't it?

edit: If my post count is 7483, say, then the first "this poster's posts" screen should read "1 to 20 (or whatever) of 7483". Anything else is obviously broken behaviour.
    Sorry OH, I broke it and I will look into it again now. The problem is we have 1.6 million posts and the search system built into VB is far from ideal, I did look to put it into a Solr DB to fit with the content on the main site but it turned into a real PITA so abandoned that one after a day or so of head scratching. Just had a look at the new version of VBulletin but couldn't see if they had addressed the site search or not in the new version.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I was trying to locate a thread from a couple of months ago, to update it. But in the screens of my past posts, the posts go back to about 5th Oct 2012 and then abruptly continue from some time in 2011, with a huge gap between, and I have been unable to dredge up the thread in question despite searching on words I remember it contained.

Also, if I have a post count of 6000 or whatever, shouldn't the screen of my past posts say something like "showing 20 to 40 of 6000", instead of the mere 120 or so which my list shows?
    Yeah I managed to fry the search index a week or so ago, rebuilt it last week but doesn't seem to have quite done the job, will have another go now. This means that the current search index will be dumped but, as Nick said, the search is pretty ropey anyway!

I can't remember. Honest.

I do remember coming back involved lots of grovelling though.
    Your memory is definitely a problem then as you couldn't remember that I didn't pass your details on to the police when they asked to speak to you, just suggested that you give them a call. And all I asked for was one word to let you back on. IamatotalchuntandIamsorrythatIliedontheforumandcal ledyouamanialcaltyrantIamveryverysorryandwonteverd oitagain. I am not sure I would call that grovelling. In fact you were still a complete bastard even when apologising - it is a good trait and one of the reasons I put up with you

Leave a comment:

Working...
X