• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Is This Odd?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Is This Odd?"

Collapse

• sbakoola
    replied
    The guy is probably shy and wants to make a new local friend. And why not.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Very noble of you. When I last played my father in law, he hurt his back and had to drop out after about nine holes. I was winning at the time and had yet to engineer his comeback. Interestingly, that was 15 years ago at Builth Wells Golf Club.
    Why are you still talking to yourself?

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
    Hello DS :wave

I'm a sticker for etiquette too but I had to consider the wider issues surrounding the incident; primarily that the interloper was a newly acquainted colleague of mine.

By the way, I threw the game. Was playing the father in law.
    Very noble of you. When I last played my father in law, he hurt his back and had to drop out after about nine holes. I was winning at the time and had yet to engineer his comeback. Interestingly, that was 15 years ago at Builth Wells Golf Club.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Nope, this is odd:

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Hello Malc. That was an amazing coincidence indeed!

However, I'm a bit of a stickler for golf etiquette. If he just popped up out of nowhere as you describe, to raise his flag as you stuck it in the hole, I should point out that he had no right to be on the green.

The correct action on reaching the clubhouse would have been to report him to the Steward for such a transgression and have him ejaculated from the premises.

Although, not if he had actually been playing against you in disguise. There is nothing within the rules to prevent him doing that, as long as he declared his correct handicap.

Now that that's out of the way, did you win? Or post a good score?
    Hello DS :wave

I'm a sticker for etiquette too but I had to consider the wider issues surrounding the incident; primarily that the interloper was a newly acquainted colleague of mine.

By the way, I threw the game. Was playing the father in law.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied

However, I'm a bit of a stickler for golf etiquette. If he just popped up out of nowhere as you describe, to raise his flag as you stuck it in the hole, I should point out that he had no right to be on the green.

The correct action on reaching the clubhouse would have been to report him to the Steward for such a transgression and have him ejaculated from the premises.

Although, not if he had actually been playing against you in disguise. There is nothing within the rules to prevent him doing that, as long as he declared his correct handicap.

Really Doggy? Or should I call you Gricer, or Malc, or Palatino, or Pacharan?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by ZARDOZ View Post
    I'll start you on the next one.

This reminds me of when I was a member of the erstwhile Balls Cross Sunset Dreamers Canasta League. It was around the time I had developed a prediliction for............ visit to A&E.........took it off below the knee.....close shave.....jumpers for goalposts...SNAKE, SNAKE!... Her husband had been entombed in ice...
    and I feely admit ... I was terribly terribly drunk

Leave a comment:

• ZARDOZ
    replied
    I'll start you on the next one.

This reminds me of when I was a member of the erstwhile Balls Cross Sunset Dreamers Canasta League. It was around the time I had developed a prediliction for............ visit to A&E.........took it off below the knee.....close shave.....jumpers for goalposts...SNAKE, SNAKE!... Her husband had been entombed in ice...
    Last edited by ZARDOZ; 10 October 2012, 13:26.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Poor form old boy.

The flag would should have been out as you were putting the 6 footer.
    Good point, it's almost like it didn't happen.

Leave a comment:

• Malcolm Buggeridge
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    Poor form old boy.

No, I normally leave it in for anything over 4 foot and my playing partner removes the flag once the ball is on its way.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied

Saturday comes round and just as I'm about to hole a 6 footer on the 18th a familiar figure strolls to the centre of the green removes the flag and issues a round of applause as my ball plops into the hole.
    Poor form old boy.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    You are quite right. Golf is very odd.
    WHS

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    He was probably going to be there anyway and happened to recognise you.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Is it just me or us there something just a little bit odd
    You are quite right. Golf is very odd.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X