• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Rocking out to ELO

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rocking out to ELO"

Collapse

• SantaClaus
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    What is it? A Cliff Richard butt plug?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    yeah.......

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Just for BB

Saw this:

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    ELO - my first band I followed and Out of the Blue, first record album I bought.

Good old Jeff Lynne, loved the fusion of rock and cello/string ensemble.

A man who only cared in songwriting that Moon rhymed with June in order to just get the melody out there but actually became very gifted producer, having sat in the Munich Studios with nothing but beers and hangovers until he wrote the entire Out of the Blue album in about two weeks just using the piano and his guitar.

“Now it’s getting late, for those who hesitate, got no one” from Waterfall.

“Fadin’ like the Beatles on Hey Jude” from Shangri-La

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    ...and this is how it all started

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Well said...although I prefer the Shadows by themselves, they did some excellent stuff.
    +1

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Cliff Richard and the Shadows is where it´s at

We were doing some music in the pub last night just fooling around really, and then we played The Young Ones, and it went down a storm.

You see Cliff and the Shads. is just so in...but most people just haven´t realised it. Too many old fogey bands playing it to other old fogeys, but this stuff is just so cool..it belongs in the cool locaions
    Well said...although I prefer the Shadows by themselves, they did some excellent stuff. They're quite popular in Germany and I've seen some great old rare vinyl and even bought an old 7" of him from 1964

To dispel those autumn blues:

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Cliff Richard and the Shadows is where it´s at

We were doing some music in the pub last night just fooling around really, and then we played The Young Ones, and it went down a storm.

You see Cliff and the Shads. is just so in...but most people just haven´t realised it. Too many old fogey bands playing it to other old fogeys, but this stuff is just so cool..it belongs in the cool locaions

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    How did you get so old?
    Simply by living.
    (Still in my 40's, BTW, so think I have a couple or so years left yet - fingers crossed. I'll hang up my hat when Daniel Craig does, as by your measure, he's 'old' too. )

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    How did you get so old?

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by palatino winotype View Post
    The classic concert in the flying saucer, Wembley 1978, on BBC4 right now.

Thought some of you might appreciate the heads up.

Old Violinski's there giving it some! Remember his 1979 hit, Clot Dance?
    Recorded the entire evenings worth of ELO stuff on BBC4. Will sit down tomorrow and re-live my childhood.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    I missed it too Mr Blue Sky.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    I missed it. By coincidence, I was rooting about the tube tonight and played Showdown.

Leave a comment:

• palatino winotype
    started a topic Rocking out to ELO

Rocking out to ELO

The classic concert in the flying saucer, Wembley 1978, on BBC4 right now.

Thought some of you might appreciate the heads up.

Old Violinski's there giving it some! Remember his 1979 hit, Clot Dance?
    Last edited by palatino winotype; 5 October 2012, 21:19.

Working...
X