• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Shut the eff up Ashley Cole..."

Collapse

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I am on a stupid forum
    I thought it was a contractor forum, although it might explain why so many idiots keep joining if it's being advertised that way.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    interestingly enough if you do a bit of looking into the barracking that goes on in crikcet it is quite nasty too....

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Indeed. Terry behaves like an arse and says many stupid things. But he's not a racist.

I just wonder why the FA aren't interested in pursuing cases like the Liverpool player who spent the whole match telling Terry about Terry's mother's sexual exploits. Terry can't help having a mother any more than Anton Ferdinand can help being black.
    Oddly you should say that, my bro is good buds with John McGinlay, ex BWFC player and what he told us that goes on on the pitch at a Professional game is shocking, the insults they fire at each other. He told me in one game Gary Pallister was continually chiding him about his lack of success compared to his at the BWFC - MUFC game at the Reebok circa 1997, 0-0, and during the same game - the fans where doing the 'does she take it up the arse-nal' at Beckham, and McGin was giving him, well, does she, does she?

In that same game, u can see McGin puffing his cheeks out at Pallister and after the MOTD highlights (I was at the game too!) I asked what he was doing - he said 'I was calling him a balloon...'

OK pretty childish but it goes on, things get said but in the game it us obvious Terry made racist remarks, course he did, it's in the game but he did do it. Its a sign of the times, Terry is a bit thick and has a history of this, but in his defence it goes on, but having said that he denied it when he plainly did it.

Also you have to consider whether the Sky/EPL push this, publicity is that, and hatred is just as effective as platitudes are in getting more people watching...

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    He was found guilty by the FA who win every case brought before them as they have an agenda.

He was found not guilty by a court of law.

I don't like Terry and the FA are twats but I don't understand why Cole would lie which is what the FA are saying. I don't know what Terry said but I do know the FA want to be seen to be stamping out racism regardless of the truth, he was always going to be guilty in their eyes.
    Indeed. Terry behaves like an arse and says many stupid things. But he's not a racist.

I just wonder why the FA aren't interested in pursuing cases like the Liverpool player who spent the whole match telling Terry about Terry's mother's sexual exploits. Terry can't help having a mother any more than Anton Ferdinand can help being black.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    He was found guilty by the FA who win every case brought before them as they have an agenda.

I don't like Terry and the FA are twats but I don't understand why Cole would lie which is what the FA are saying. I don't know what Terry said but I do know the FA want to be seen to be stamping out racism regardless of the truth, he was always going to be guilty in their eyes.
    I'd read their ruling before I comment further if I were you. They said his defence was implausible, going on to say why it was implausible. Logically, they look right on the money.

Leave a comment:

• gingerjedi
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    His team mate has been found guilty of using racist language.

He then went to twitter to call the FA effin twats.

WHich part of that is good for him? He's likely to get a charge of disrepute. I hope he gets a ban.

Terry is a bigger chunt than most of the bigger chunts on here

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I like the irony that the OP feels the best response to someone acting unprofessionally is to swear at therm and call them a knob.
    I am on a stupid forum, not making disparaging remarks at my Professional Body and defending a racist team mate/colleague. And no way did I make any disparaging remarks directed at a Thermos Flask...

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    what is an Uncle Tom??
    It's a derogatory term that black people call use against othe rblack people who they think have assimilated too much with white people - Choc Ice: dark outside, white inside

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    Did the FA ban Rio Ferdinand for calling Ashley Cole a choc-ice?

(Which means an Uncle Tom.)
    nope, he got a fine and told to say sorry.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    It wasn't a wise move and it back fired big time. however what Liverpool did was a show of solidarity for their player but at no point did they tweet abuse about the decision.

I see no difference to what LS and JT did and the bans should be the same.

Cole might get a fine, and possible ban but I hope I can transfer him out of my fantasy team before it happens
    Anyway, more importantly, what will Cheryl Cole nee Tweedy's book reveal?

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    what is an Uncle Tom??

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Did the FA ban Rio Ferdinand for calling Ashley Cole a choc-ice?

(Which means an Uncle Tom.)

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    I am not actually sure he can criticise, or if so, he has to do it through the right channels. I think when they sign their contracts it has these clauses in them.

If your team mate has been accused of racist comments, then I think the wisest words would have been said in private. Liverpool didn't cover themselves in glory when they all came out in support of Suarez last year.
    It wasn't a wise move and it back fired big time. however what Liverpool did was a show of solidarity for their player but at no point did they tweet abuse about the decision.

I see no difference to what LS and JT did and the bans should be the same.

Cole might get a fine, and possible ban but I hope I can transfer him out of my fantasy team before it happens

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    He does have the right to criticise - hut he should do it properly and in a grown up manner.

I would expect to see him having a break from the england team soon which is a shame.
    I am not actually sure he can criticise, or if so, he has to do it through the right channels. I think when they sign their contracts it has these clauses in them.

If your team mate has been accused of racist comments, then I think the wisest words would have been said in private. Liverpool didn't cover themselves in glory when they all came out in support of Suarez last year.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I like the irony that the OP feels the best response to someone acting unprofessionally is to swear at therm and call them a knob.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X