• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "New way to recruit. Help needed !"

Collapse

• Joe Black.
    replied
    Originally posted by MrsGoof
    PM him and he'll tell you, probably
    No. You PM him ask him then PM me. Then I'll post the answer in this thread.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black.
    Yeah I agree with you. Is Iprofile what the guy (who started this thread) is suggesting?
    PM him and he'll tell you, probably

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Originally posted by BobTheCrate
    ...ps : Does your Angel do a turn ?
    She does several "turns", Bob.
    Put "Clara Morgane" into Google images and see a few of her tricks. NSFW.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood
    My sentiments exactly, Bob.
    ... and you forgot to mention perfect spelling too.

ps : Does your Angel do a turn ?

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    I do not believe finding the best candidates is all about collating narrow, predefined skills and placing them within a ring fenced box.
    My sentiments exactly, Bob.

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    Judging from his posts ... no he isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black.
    replied
    I don't know iProfile (heard of it though) but seems to me it's just one more piece of tulipe that attempts to alleviate the need for recruitment agents and HR recruiters to actually 'think' about candidates and make 'professional judgements'.

I do not believe finding the best candidates is all about collating narrow, predefined skills and placing them within a ring fenced box.
    Yeah I agree with you. Is Iprofile what the guy (who started this thread) is suggesting?

Leave a comment:

• BobTheCrate
    replied
    I don't know iProfile (heard of it though) but seems to me it's just one more piece of tulipe that attempts to alleviate the need for recruitment agents and HR recruiters to actually 'think' about candidates and make 'professional judgements'.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    I think I-Profile really is a load of old wank, it's soooo user-unfriendly, and what, ATEOTD, does it do that a search of CVs in a Word/RTF format doesn't?

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    How are we supposed to pinch your idea if you don't tell us what it is.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by tim123
    I have no problem with companies that use iProfile provided that they don't expect me to fill it in. Fill in, in my case, means add all the new sections that aren't there already, many of which, for my skill set, are pretty basic things which should have been there but aren't. How someone can use such a tool to resource a person in my area of technology when none of the key-words exist in the tool I fail to understand.

tim
    I spent a miserable few hours once going through all my iprofiles (I had 18 at one point) and removing the fact that I was a Telecoms Project Manager (I'm not, but some idiot saw the words "Telecoms" and "Project Manager" and decided I ought to be one). Next day I checked back and nothing had been saved. I still get calls from Iprofile agencies with roles which are nothing to do with my skillset, thanks to the wanky system they are using.

Leave a comment:

• tim123
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Oh Dear. It's IProfile, arguably (no, definitely) the crappiest recruitment system ever devised. I've had to threaten these idiots with the DPA to get my (wrong) details removed. Now I won't touch agencies who use it. Saves a lot of aggro.
    I have no problem with companies that use iProfile provided that they don't expect me to fill it in. Fill in, in my case, means add all the new sections that aren't there already, many of which, for my skill set, are pretty basic things which should have been there but aren't. How someone can use such a tool to resource a person in my area of technology when none of the key-words exist in the tool I fail to understand.

tim

Leave a comment:

• Fungus
    replied
    Originally posted by bennyboy
    These contractors (probably have to include myself in that) are elitist, egomaniac 5 year olds with ability to use big words and spell correctly
    Most cannot use big words or spell correctly. Some don't even smell correctly. Otherwise you're spot on. Now what was the point of this thread?

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    sasguru "The Biggest and Bestest Guru".

FFS learn to spell

sasguru "The Biggest and Bestest *****".
    It's not difficult!

Leave a comment:

• giles guest
    replied
    Goodnight

Well that's me done for the day.

Thanks to the people who have said they'd help. If anyone else wants to please PM me or email me. I really do appreciate the help.

And it has been an experience posting to this forum - that's for sure.

If I ever get accused of being an agent again I shall hunt the contractor down and insert a sharp COM object into a place that not even .net 3 can reach !!

Have a good weekend.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X