• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you want me in your team?"

Collapse

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Bored now.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    So, if I have this right, you believe a contract negotiated in pounds 10 years ago would be worth more today. For as I see it, 10 years ago, living in Australia, he would have A$1200 a day in his pocket, and today A$700 in his pocket had he negotiated in sterling, as he suggested.
    Go through every post in the conversation. Pull them together and try to see where you are going wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Fooks sake. You make AussieLoser look like Einstein. You just don't get it do you? There's a kind of mental illness you have.
    First time in my life, I have heard someone say A$1200 is less than A$700. But hey, we're all human.

Leave a comment:

• aussielong
    replied
    So, if I have this right, you believe a contract negotiated in pounds 10 years ago would be worth more today. For as I see it, 10 years ago, living in Australia, he would have A$1200 a day in his pocket, and today A$700 in his pocket had he negotiated in sterling, as he suggested.
    You make Suity look like a main playah.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    OK, please, I am open to the house how that is wrong in any way greg. Go on. All ears
    Fooks sake. You make AussieLoser look like Einstein. You just don't get it do you? There's a kind of mental illness you have.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    All ears.

Please explain what is wrong in saying if you were paid in aussie dollars 10 years ago, that this amount is worth more in pounds today, than then.

2002 A$3:1 - $1200 worth £400
    2012 A$1.7:1 A$1200 worth £700

or

2002 A$3:1 - £400 worth A$1200
    2012 A$1.7:1 £400 worth A$700

All ears

Leave a comment:

• fckvwls
    replied
    Worst. Thread. Ever!

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    All ears.

Please explain what is wrong in saying if you were paid in aussie dollars 10 years ago, that this amount is worth more in pounds today, than then.

2002 A$3:1 - $1200 worth £400
    2012 A$1.7:1 A$1200 worth £700

or

2002 A$3:1 - £400 worth A$1200
    2012 A$1.7:1 £400 worth A$700

All ears

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    OK, please, I am open to the house how that is wrong in any way greg. Go on. All ears
    See if you can work it out for yourself. Try explaining it in more detail and that may help.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    On second thoughts, take this, you'll get there quicker Hack.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Have another

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    FTFY

He said, paraphrasing, I am smart, for my contract is in sterling, and I convert it to Aussie dollars. I pointed out that thats not clever, as a better one, would be to contract in aussie dollars and convert that to pounds, considering that the pound has been devaluing against the dollar. Thus, if you are paid in aussie dollar, your rate 10 years ago, would be worth more today, in pounds.

An example I used, was if you earned A$1200 a day 10 years ago, it would be worth £400 a day. However, if you earned A$1200 a day today, it would be worth £700 a day.

However, if you earned £400 a day, it would be worth A$1200 a day 10 years ago, but only A$700 today.

Thus, the best contract to negotiate 10 years ago would be in Aussie dollars, not in pounds.

But again, you are too dumb to realise it.

He even admitted he fooked up.

But carry on Greg, I kind of like the way you light up the stupidity ranks.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    I don't think I could have imagined the level of idiocy combined with lack of self-awareness I showed.
    FTFY

He said, paraphrasing, I am smart, for my contract is in sterling, and I convert it to Aussie dollars. I pointed out that thats not clever, as a better one, would be to contract in aussie dollars and convert that to pounds, considering that the pound has been devaluing against the dollar. Thus, if you are paid in aussie dollar, your rate 10 years ago, would be worth more today, in pounds.

An example I used, was if you earned A$1200 a day 10 years ago, it would be worth £400 a day. However, if you earned A$1200 a day today, it would be worth £700 a day.

However, if you earned £400 a day, it would be worth A$1200 a day 10 years ago, but only A$700 today.

Thus, the best contract to negotiate 10 years ago would be in Aussie dollars, not in pounds.

But again, you are too dumb to realise it.

He even admitted he fooked up.

But carry on Greg, I kind of like the way you light up the stupidity ranks.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    FTFY
    I don't think we'll ever see his like again when it comes to idiocy combined with lack of self-awareness.

Just for the audience, explain fully how you were correct about the currencies.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X