• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who wear's naff tracksuits and rapes young girls?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I do hope they have the story straight. If it transpires that Sir Jimmy is innocent, I hope they all get sued for libel.
    That won't happen. You can't libel the dead apparently.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Yeah, but it's a SimonMac thread.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    For example there's a piece that claims to be a transcript of outtakes from when he appeared on Have I Got News For You with Paul Merton making various allegations, and Ian Hislop backing him up, and Angus Deayton and the floor manager getting nervous because of the show's lawyer freaking out. That was complete fabrication, but it's been cross-posted all over the place. (I was surprised not to see a link to it in this thread.)
    And here's a piece all about the fake transcript and its origins back around 1999: Jimmy Savile: The birth of a paedophile hoax on “Have I Got News For You” | SO IT GOES – John Fleming's blog

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I have heard some extraordinary things on this site but this takes the biscuit. You ask most women at some point they have been raped. Most of them have never made a complaint.

As for the celebrity bit most of these are odd people with a need for attention. People do not become celebrities by accident and if anything they are more likely to be rapists than anyone else.
    I'd like to add my own rather stunned +1 to DA here.

Leave a comment:

• Ignis Fatuus
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I disagree. It matters far more as he cannot defend himself. I was never a fan of him - except his charity exploits. But this is shocking.

Anyway, we all agree its a shoddy piece of journalism so nothing to argue about.
    It's shocking if he's innocent. If he's not, it's shocking that it's taken so long.

Try about 3m56 in this TOTP scene. She's 14 and that's not a fatherly embrace.

Leave a comment:

• palatino winotype
    replied
    There's something about that rather revolting looking creature in your avatar that unnerves me. Can't quite put my finger on it but it isn't pretty is it?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    FS, I just noticed there's an errant apostrophe in the title "Who wear's ..".

That's more shocking than Jimmy Saville groping a few teenage groupies (if he ever did) !

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    FS, I just noticed there's an errant apostrophe in the title "Who wear's ..".

That's more shocking than Jimmy Saville groping a few teenage groupies (if he ever did) !

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    "Jim'll Fix It ran from 1975 to 1994. At its height, the show received 3,000 letters a day from youngsters who wanted their dreams to come true."

How did Jim decide which kids to include on the show?

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by palatino winotype View Post
    Is he still tubby? I've never met him.
    Apparently so.

Leave a comment:

• palatino winotype
    replied
    That was our very own MF - if you believe everything you read on the net.
    Is he still tubby? I've never met him.

By the way, I don't believe most of what I read in the papers let alone on the net let alone on CUK let alone anything issuing from the mouth of Marillion Fan.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by palatino winotype View Post
    I bet that fat kid off the rollercoaster will be next to squeal.
    That was our very own MF - if you believe everything you read on the net.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    So if you were Sue Thompson, and you walked in on a celeb fondling a kid, what would you do?

I certainly wouldn't keep quiet for several decades and speak up once he was dead.
    I remember that Plymouth nursery sex abuse thing. The guy approached loads of women then suggested they take pictures of kiddies. Most women just defriended him! He was only caught when his business partner found the images on his machine.

It is entirely wrong. But it is how it is.

Leave a comment:

• palatino winotype
    replied
    I bet that fat kid off the rollercoaster will be next to squeal.

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    No doubt about it in my mind i.e. those tracksuits are definitely the naffest of the naff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X