• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Swapping Golf M6 for BMW 3 Series"

Collapse

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    £5k for a 335d/535d (snigger)

Stay with the golf if you truly are into bangernomics, as it has less miles, costs less to service, costs less to insure and does more to the gallon. It is also paid for. A 2004 Golf diesel will be worth 10 parts of fook all.

BMW now do a triple turbo diesel.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    We dont want your sort driving our marque or using the 'BMW Lane' on the M6 thanks very much. You'll just ******* whinge and want a change in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Bought a Diesel Golf 54 plate on finance 2 years ago and just about to make the final payment. Bought it with 50k on the clock. Drove my friends 3 Series Diesel on Sunday with 150k on the clock and it drove like a dream compared to it.

Is it worth doing a straight swap for a BMW worth the same amount? If so should I go for Diesel or Petrol? Decisions.....
    We dont want your sort driving our marque or using the 'BMW Lane' on the M6 thanks very much. You'll just ******* whinge and want a change in a couple of weeks.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Can I get a decent one for 5k? 53 or 54 plate is fine
    No you need to double that budget.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Oh if you think a diesel bimmer is a bit slow, a few simple tuning mods...

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    335d or 535d is the bimmer you want. Straight six diesel with twin turbos. Smooth.
    Can I get a decent one for 5k? 53 or 54 plate is fine

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    You're not a contrcator are you, just MF's butler.
    2 years on finance - Hardly a permie thing to do. Also you ever heard of bangernomics? Was discussing the topic with a group of contractors at radbroke just last week.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Is it worth doing a straight swap for a BMW worth the same amount? If so should I go for Diesel or Petrol? Decisions.....
    Theres a "The Car People" in Manchester, they will let you test drive as many cars as you want without any pressure. Dont give them your phone number though.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    335d or 535d is the bimmer you want. Straight six diesel with twin turbos. Smooth.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Can I be your spell checker Sas?

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    .. Diesel Golf 54 plate on finance ..

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    started a topic Swapping Golf M6 for BMW 3 Series

Swapping Golf M6 for BMW 3 Series

Bought a Diesel Golf 54 plate on finance 2 years ago and just about to make the final payment. Bought it with 50k on the clock. Drove my friends 3 Series Diesel on Sunday with 150k on the clock and it drove like a dream compared to it.

Working...
X