• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "how to wirelessly stream music from ipad to windows pc in 5 easy steps"

Collapse

• tractor
    replied

If you want to make it difficult, you could always use bluetooth.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    I didn't know I could just do the drag thing. I'll try that thanks.

But when I do eventually get them to my laptop, if they are sideways, I can't get them straight, it says they are not *"messable aroundable with"* or whatever the term is, that it uses.

Edit - Edit-able is what I meant

I prefer "messable aroundable with"

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
    1. Install iCloud on your machine. Anything you take a snap of gets squirted to your PC
    2. Assuming Windows, plug phone into USB, Explorer, drill down into the iPhone>DCIM folder and copy/move pics off it
    3. Open in whatever photo app (built in Windows one will do) and rotate.

Jobs a good 'un.
    I'll give that a blast.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Epiphone
    replied
    While you are at it...... please also could you give me an idiots guide to downloading pics from my iPhone to my laptop?

Can it not be at least a bit easy?

When I had my blackberry I used to just plug it in and it did it. Easy peesy.

iPhone is a fecking nighmare. It's the one thing I dislike about this yoke.
    1. Install iCloud on your machine. Anything you take a snap of gets squirted to your PC
    2. Assuming Windows, plug phone into USB, Explorer, drill down into the iPhone>DCIM folder and copy/move pics off it
    3. Open in whatever photo app (built in Windows one will do) and rotate.

Jobs a good 'un.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
    Why can't you just turn on home sharing in iTunes?

As long as both are connected to the same apple id it works fine.
    that allows me to share musice between the pc and mac/ipad, however, you cant push/stream music from ipad to htpc using homesharing only pull to pc from ipad/mac.

this way allows me to effectively have the tv screen off but the receiver on as it is by default connected to the media center and then walk around the house with the ipad streaming music, controlling volume etc from the ipad.
    Essentially a very expensive portable remote but as it is usually somewhere nearby then thats very handy rather than having to walk into the living room and changing songs. The living room hifi setup far exceeds any other stereo in the house and so having that loud is much better than a crappy stereo in the same room that doesnt have access to the huge choice of songs stored on the media server, plus i have it setup so that i can change the speakers on the main hifi to the kitchen allowing me to then cook and listen to my music at the same time.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    If I drag them off and they're sideways, which they invariably are, I just rotate them in photo viewer, don't recall it ever complaining about not being editable.
    I must be doing something wonky then, it never lets me rotate them.

I'm just tulip with technology.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    If they are sideways then rotate your screen

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied

But when I do eventually get them to my laptop, if they are sideways, I can't get them straight, it says they are not *"messable aroundable with"* or whatever the term is, that it uses.

If I drag them off and they're sideways, which they invariably are, I just rotate them in photo viewer, don't recall it ever complaining about not being editable.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied

If they are sideways then rotate your screen

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    can't you just enable home sharing on itunes on both devices and they then sync up and you can stream/share on either ?

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied
    Originally posted by rhubarb View Post
    When you plug your iphone into your pc, don't you get the option to just browse the phone, like its a USB drive or something ?
    Then you can just drag the pictures off to your desktop.

Rhubarb.

Leave a comment:

• rhubarb
    replied
    While you are at it...... please also could you give me an idiots guide to downloading pics from my iPhone to my laptop?

When you plug your iphone into your pc, don't you get the option to just browse the phone, like its a USB drive or something ?
    Then you can just drag the pictures off to your desktop.

Rhubarb.

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Why can't you just turn on home sharing in iTunes?

As long as both are connected to the same apple id it works fine.

Leave a comment:

• cailin maith
    replied

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    yes yes I know that, but I didn't realise it can be done to a windows pc, i thought they were incompatible for streaming.

The only windows machine in the house is the media center pc, mainly because it contains an excellent graphics and sound card linked to my tv and receiver, something you can't do in a mac (customise the components).

Allowing me to stream from the ipad wirelessly personally is very useful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X