• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: iOS 6

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "iOS 6"

Collapse

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Incontravertible proof of you with iPhone.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHa that's so funny, my god, how funny you are....

So, back on topic for this thread.

For some unknown reason they have left out passbook from IOS6 for the iPad ?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    Oy idiot, can you read?

Incontravertible proof of you with iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Yes, I saw on the news this morning that some people had been camping out in front of Hamburg store since Weds 10am!!! if they wanted it so bad why didnt they just pre-order it?
    Most of them are representing some cause and just want the publicity. Quite a few aren't even going to buy a phone.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Yes, I saw on the news this morning that some people had been camping out in front of Hamburg store since Weds 10am!!! if they wanted it so bad why didnt they just pre-order it?

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Oy idiot, can you read? I dont own an iphone and began the thread asking if anyone has updated to ios 6 (over a day after it was released I might point out). Siri on ipad is good IMO, maps are sh!t. By owning an ipad and an ipod you seem to believe I am a fanboi which as I pointed out is a stretch of your imagination. Take you trolling elsewhere.
    I'm with you here chef.

I am called a fan boi for owning an iPad. No other apple product, but of course, as I bought an iPad, I am a fan boi.

Not going to iOS 6 as mapping is important for me.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Which is exact why Chef doth protest too much, methinks.
    Oy idiot, can you read? I dont own an iphone and began the thread asking if anyone has updated to ios 6 (over a day after it was released I might point out). Siri on ipad is good IMO, maps are sh!t. By owning an ipad and an ipod you seem to believe I am a fanboi which as I pointed out is a stretch of your imagination. Take you trolling elsewhere.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Which is exact why Chef doth protest too much, methinks.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    But you have to admit, this is ******* sad, its just a ******* phone

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    I'm not going to get into a long winded multi post argument about this:

- I upgraded because I wanted to see what the new software has to offer and therefore have an opinion about it. I liked the new Siri option, so therefore that obviously makes me a fanboi ????

- I don't use google street view very much at all but was being helpful in solving someone's solution, I wasn't trying to prove the new maps are great, they are far inferior to the google maps of old, I happily agree but rather than being negative I was trying to be helpful. I rarely use street view on my phone, but sometimes yes to find a particular bar etc. I mainly use the inbuilt map navigation in the car if anything.

- I like the macOS for laptops because I find the swipe functions far easier and faster to use and I find MacBooks to be more stable, that's almost certainly because Apple control the hardware that goes in it I agree. i was a lifelong user of windows until this summer when i tried a macbook and i personally think the macos is more intuitive however not everything runs on mac therefore using parallels is sometimes necessary, as I said, the best of both worlds, variety of windows software, stability and ease of use of a mac.

I can tell your anti Apple and that's fine but personally I look at what needs I have and what options are available and make a decision. If it goes with or against the crowd that's irrelevant to me, I simply buy what I believe is best for my needs. By commenting on the latest OS for any object does not make me a fanboi. I think you'll find with windows 7 & 8 along with ice cream sandwich I also was an early adopter/ tester and also gave comment on here.

Do your research before makes general weeping accusations of anyone who doesn't follow your own views.

I'm sure you wish to have the last word in this discussion and so write what you will, I believe I have got across my point.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Well lets see. You start a thread about upgrading to the latest fan boi software, and then spend you time typing examples of things you asked it and what it said.

pretty good imo.
    Someone else points out that the maps are tulip, and you have to find a solution. If you have an android phone, then why would you even be considering using a map on an ipad?

You go on then to state

When the MacBook 13" retina comes out I will be getting one as I think having both the easy of use of the Mac OS with the added benefit of running parallels to run Win 7 gives the best of both worlds, something not available on Windows.
    I had to look up what Parallels is, its software that allows you to run Windows software on a Mac, and this somehow gives you the best of both worlds? Huh? Mac's are easy to use? No. So therefore Windows is difficult to use? Really? If Mac's are so easy to use in your opinion, why do you want to run oh so difficult to understand Windows apps on it?

Lets face it, anything by Apple has never been the best solution to any problem. They are propriety, limited to what they want you to do, or can make money from. For fan bois thats fine, but please dont try and make out that its better than the alternatives out there. No one believes this except other fan bois.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Keep telling yourself that, to the rest of us you most definitely are.
    Eh? Are you sure you're talking about the right person?? Surely an apple fanboi would right now be in the front of the queue waiting to buy the latest phone and only own every possible apple product while putting down all other related companies.

From Apple, I own an iPad, that's it. (Edit: and an ipod for running). I have a HTC Desire Z phone running google android and the main machine in the house is a HTPC running windows 7. My contract right now doesn't require the use of a personal laptop as their not allowed on the network and VM's via VPN to home provide all the extra material I need. Thus, when my previous laptop went missing/was left on the train, it hasn't been replaced.

I like the Desire Z because it has a proper keyboard which I find faster for typing and as I posted earlier the HTPC allows me to customise the components as I wish.

When the MacBook 13" retina comes out I will be getting one as I think having both the easy of use of the Mac OS with the added benefit of running parallels to run Win 7 gives the best of both worlds, something not available on Windows.

I am looking to upgrade the phone as its a bit long in the tooth but as real keyboards are no longer available on any HTC phone the jury is out for me in deciding between the HTC One X, the Samsung Galaxy S3 and the iPhone5.

Right now the SG3 is winning as I do very much like Android for phones but I'm going to wait for decent comparisson reviews.

Hardly the definition of an apple fanboy IMO.
    Last edited by chef; 21 September 2012, 06:30.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    I'm not an apple fanboy
    Keep telling yourself that, to the rest of us you most definitely are.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Or there's the free app 'live street view' or the website http://viewstreetnoflash.com works in safari.

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Kind of goes against the Apple philosophy though does it not?

A workaround and still relying on google.
    I'm not an apple fanboy, simply a user that chooses the best tech for purpose and for me the street view is a simple workaround in order to gain the positives of the iPad, this is also the reason I choose to have a windows media center and an android phone. Each, for me right now is the best tech for purpose.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X