• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Went for a contract interview this morning..."

Collapse

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    DA was on topic though, I mean he is a maggot.
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    By the way who was the client?
    Well, if you could just supply me with two references I might get my office minion to call you back...

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Was it in Reading by any chance?
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    DA was on topic though, I mean he was fishing.
    good point, well made but still Meh.

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    ...and got there an hour early, so decided to take a walk.

Ending up chatting to a fisherman, who seemed to be doing a pretty good job catching the little blighters. Here's the secret: "A size 14 hook, with sweetcorn, maggot, then sweetcorn" and "run about 18 inches of line below your float." Also "It's £28 quid for a fishing license for 2012/2013", but you might have to also have to "buy a day license for around £2 on top to access some private ponds/lakes." The "ducks aren't generally a problem" in these ponds, although if you do snag one you "have to call the local council and report it" when you get home.

Much to my surprise, not a single question was raised at the interview about fishing.
    Was it in Reading by any chance?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Even by the standards of your typical lazy know nothing agent that is blunt and unsubtle.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Even by the standards of your typical lazy know nothing agent that is blunt and unsubtle.
    I think that's an aspiration of his...

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post

Ending up chatting to a fisherman, who seemed to be doing a pretty good job catching the little blighters. Here's the secret: "A size 14 hook, with sweetcorn, maggot, then sweetcorn" and "run about 18 inches of line below your float." Also "It's £28 quid for a fishing license for 2012/2013", but you might have to also have to "buy a day license for around £2 on top to access some private ponds/lakes." The "ducks aren't generally a problem" in these ponds, although if you do snag one you "have to call the local council and report it" when you get home.

Much to my surprise, not a single question was raised at the interview about fishing.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    started a topic Went for a contract interview this morning...

Went for a contract interview this morning...

Working...
X