• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Don't be a quitter."

Collapse

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    Maybe you're already logged in
    Nope. Gone to the site just now and the big orangey buttons are now there. All signed up.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    No. Not there. I'm on iPad 3 using safari.
    Maybe you're already logged in

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I can see three separate instances of a "Join" button on that page. Big, orange, buttony things with the words "Join now!" on them in big, white letters. Have another look
    No. Not there. I'm on iPad 3 using safari.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I do have the occasional lapse.
    Wow! I gave up about 5 times - sometimes for months - and it was the lapse that got me back. I evertually realized I was either a smoker or a non-smoker. Since 22nd Dec 1989 I have not had a single one.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    You've extended your life by over 6.43 days.
    What will you do with the time?

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    I'm planning to quit (again) when the current stock of duty free baccy runs out. However, I refuse to stop smoking on any of these non-smoking days/weeks/months things as I'll give up on my terms not some other do-gooder anti-everything-anyone-enjoys-that-is-bad-for-you types terms.

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
    Nice one, thanks! You are the first for me, so apologies for dissing NRT .
    I think it was the method I used
    The tiny mints for when out and about and drinking. They gave a massive hit of nicotine which immediately killed all cravings (I had to drop to the low dosage ones straight away)
    I used the gums when driving as traffic jams were always a smoking hot spot for me so I needed something that I could draw out.

You're supposed to cut down on the mints and gum and then stop after 3 months. I just decided to use them for as long as I needed to. After 6 months I was sick of them but I had broken the smoking habits and routines.

Leave a comment:

• Scoobos
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Worked for me - not smoked for 18 months now and it's been 12 months since my last nicorette mint!
    Nice one, thanks! You are the first for me, so apologies for dissing NRT .

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    And there's no join button

So stressed out I need a fag
    I can see three separate instances of a "Join" button on that page. Big, orange, buttony things with the words "Join now!" on them in big, white letters. Have another look

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    WSS

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Good old nhs

I can see a join button. Maybe you need specsavers.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    Cold Turkey for me. My stats are:

You've now been a non-smoker for:
    0 years, 3 months, 20 days, 6 hours & 0 minutes
    In that time you've saved over £441.00
    You've avoided smoking over 1323 cigarettes.
    You've extended your life by over 6.43 days.

Since you've quit smoking:
    After 20 minutes, your blood pressure drops back to normal
    In 8 hours, the carbon monoxide levels in your bloodstream drop by half, and oxygen levels return to normal
    In 48 hours, your change of having a heart attack decreases. All nicotine has left your system. You sense of taste and smell return to a normal level
    In 72 hours, your bronchial tubes relax and your energy levels increase
    In 2 weeks, your circulation increases and continues to improve for the next 10 weeks
    In 2 month coughs, wheezing and breathing problems dissipate as your lung capacity improves by 10%

+1

Cold Turkey for me too, worked rather than a long drawn out reduction of nicotine or using patches.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    This should be perfect for you suity, no one person on here say's quitter like you do
    Technically and factually unsound.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Good old nhs

This should be perfect for you suity, no one person on here say's quitter like you do

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    I mean do be a quitter.

Anyone going for Stoptober?

Good idea I think - easier to give up if the country is behind you!
    Good old nhs

just click on the join button below

Leave a comment:

Working...
X