• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Nice / Strategic areas to live in London area"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Apology accepted. Big of you to be honest. Let's try to keep it 'incivil' within the boundry rules of CUK please and decide whether we need to be 'civil' IRL if we ever meet up at a CUK do.

Oh you've been banned again...
    Back again.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    With regards to the OPs original request, I'd vouch for East London ( Mile End, Stepney, Bow, Whitechapel, Aldgate), lived there years ago and the area has vastly improved since. Also look at in and around Tower hill and if you like venture towards Southwark/Borough areas ( Northern line).

Greenwich and Blackheath are nice with good links into London Bridge

Am currently staying in Aldgate during the week and am really surprised how much the area has changed, there are lots of newbuilds and loft conversions. You're also well connected with Met, circle, hammersmith and city lines and also the central and district lines.

In the end it depends on where you end up working and whether you want to be based centrally or a little bit out. Kingston and Surbiton aren't bad ( lived in Surbiton for a few years) and good connections into Waterloo.

As for interviews, aim for phone interviews, most clients will oblige if you live abroad ( it worked for me).

Another vote for spareroom.com and also Airbnb.com if you need somewhere to stay while looking for summat more permanent.

Good luck!
    Last edited by norrahe; 8 September 2012, 12:22.

Leave a comment:

• rsingh
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Has anyone mentioned Luton yet? I think it's a nice easy commute.
    There's even an airport...of sorts.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Apology accepted. Big of you to be honest. Let's try to keep it 'incivil' within the boundry rules of CUK please and decide whether we need to be 'civil' IRL if we ever meet up at a CUK do.

Ficking hell you've been stewing on that one haven't you

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    Firstly I'd like to unreservedly apologise for using your first name in a post. I crossed the line and I'm sorry, it won't happen again.

Secondly, the way forward is very simple. Once you cease playing "Billy Big Bollocks" by mentioning my name in your sniping posts I will no longer feel the need to retaliate.

It's entirely up to you. The olive branch is there, take it or leave it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Yawn. I'll give you a sheet of statistics and merely by thinking hard, you figure out which ones are right without anyone telling you anything about the underlying data.

Just give up, you suck.
    Oh dear, you really are tulipe at this aren't you.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Yawn. I'll give you a sheet of statistics and merely by thinking hard, you figure out which ones are right without anyone telling you anything about the underlying data.

Just give up, you suck.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    She apologised for insulting CM (indirectly) while thinking she wasn't real, not for thinking she was a sockie.

Among the many things you don't know, how to even start a coherent argument is one. Can't you make a better facsimile of a real person in this sockie? Maybe focus on quality rather than posting every 10s.
    Again, the irony is strong. If she wasn't real, then what was she? She said directly she thought it was spods sockie.

But again, the stupidity of defending someone sledging a supposed sockie, whilst calling me one.

You really are not that bright are you.

Again, there are apologies, when you realise you are wrong, then there are apologies, when everyone tells you that you are wrong.

Can you understand that son?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    Or, perhaps, you think about what you've done and realise it's wrong? No? I don't have to be told what I have done is wrong, to realise it.

Are you really that stupid? You're saying she apologised for calling CM a sockie, now you're calling me a sockie?

Honestly, I couldn't invent someone as stupid as you.
    She apologised for insulting CM (indirectly) while thinking she wasn't real, not for thinking she was a sockie.

Among the many things you don't know, how to even start a coherent argument is one. Can't you make a better facsimile of a real person in this sockie? Maybe focus on quality rather than posting every 10s.

Leave a comment:

• Incognito
    replied
    a half-compliment which is really more of an insult? Damn, that's set me straight.
    It's not his fault he's a Dhim, they're born into it you know. It comes along with the gills and webbed feet.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    And how do you realise you're wrong - that's right because people correct you. G thought CM was a sockie and acted accordingly. Everyone piled in to correct her and she retracted.

And as for pretending you're not a sockie troll, pur-leeze.
    Or, perhaps, you think about what you've done and realise it's wrong? No? I don't have to be told what I have done is wrong, to realise it.

Are you really that stupid? You're saying she apologised for calling CM a sockie, now you're calling me a sockie?

Honestly, I couldn't invent someone as stupid as you.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    I believe if you're wrong you own up as you realise you are wrong, not because 30 people tell you that you are.
    And how do you realise you're wrong - that's right because people correct you. G thought CM was a sockie and acted accordingly. Everyone piled in to correct her and she retracted.

And as for pretending you're not a sockie troll, pur-leeze.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    Well, that proves you wrong
    a half-compliment which is really more of an insult? Damn, that's set me straight.

Leave a comment:

• Old Hack
    replied
    Originally posted by doomage View Post
    Drugs mule?
    Just the money man

Leave a comment:

• doomage
    replied
    My work takes me out of the country regularly, so I needed access to gatwick, the M25/M23 and Heathrow.
    Drugs mule?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X