• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: 180,000 miles

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "180,000 miles"

Collapse

• BoredBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    The composite flywheel usually gets replaced when you get the clutch done. Whole thing is about £700. Got that done about 86K.

Mine still runs like a dream, currently (or until last week) was doing roughly a 300 mile commute Monday and Friday at circa 100mph mostly and not a murmur from it, no smoke etc.
    Cheers for the info. The clutch has not gone yet - mine has lived on the motorway so clutch wear and tear should have been pretty light.

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by Freamon View Post
    Serves you right for visiting Huddersfield.
    Now, that IS hard to argue with.....

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by BoredBloke View Post
    My Mondeo is due to hit 100k this week. I've heard that they have flywheel problems in that it tends to disintegrate at about 100k and its a £1000 repair. Did you get this on yours? It still drives pretty well but pumps out tons of black smoke when you put your foot down.
    The composite flywheel usually gets replaced when you get the clutch done. Whole thing is about £700. Got that done about 86K.

Mine still runs like a dream, currently (or until last week) was doing roughly a 300 mile commute Monday and Friday at circa 100mph mostly and not a murmur from it, no smoke etc.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    I dont have an expensive car. I have a reasonable year old car, that gets me places without breaking down and like you say has reasonable fuel economy. Its to get me from home to contract. A Orion was never a "nice" car, its probably equivalent to mine in model terms.

Just because I wouldnt wear old raggedy clothes doesnt mean I must wear Armani.
    My version was better.

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    Sell your expensive car. Buy a cheap pile of cr@p with reasonable fuel economy. Spend the difference on therapy to address your feelings of shame and inadequacy, and you should come out ahead over a five year period.
    I dont have an expensive car. I have a reasonable year old car, that gets me places without breaking down and like you say has reasonable fuel economy. Its to get me from home to contract. A Orion was never a "nice" car, its probably equivalent to mine in model terms.

Just because I wouldnt wear old raggedy clothes doesnt mean I must wear Armani.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You must have a large dick to be so confident to drive around in something like that
    It's very nearly a classic now

Oh, and yes.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    What do you drive?
    a Hummer

Leave a comment:

• Freamon
    replied
    My 04 Mondeo Estate TDCi with 124000 on the clock got totalled by a *** delivering Pizzas in an 'R' Reg Nissan Bloody Micra on Wednesday in Huddersfield. I'd had it since it was six months old and put all but 4000 of them miles on it while contracting away from home, gigging at weekends and pulling my daughters horse box (as well as transporting bales of hay and bags of horse feed around). Sad end to meet, at the hands of a Nissan Micra held together with gaffa tape
    Serves you right for visiting Huddersfield.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    My 04 Mondeo Estate TDCi with 124000 on the clock got totalled by a *** delivering Pizzas in an 'R' Reg Nissan Bloody Micra on Wednesday in Huddersfield. I'd had it since it was six months old and put all but 4000 of them miles on it while contracting away from home, gigging at weekends and pulling my daughters horse box (as well as transporting bales of hay and bags of horse feed around). Sad end to meet, at the hands of a Nissan Micra held together with gaffa tape
    My Mondeo is due to hit 100k this week. I've heard that they have flywheel problems in that it tends to disintegrate at about 100k and its a £1000 repair. Did you get this on yours? It still drives pretty well but pumps out tons of black smoke when you put your foot down.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    And yet you feel no shame in showing what a ****** you are on here?
    Don't mistake lack of insight for shamelessness.

Leave a comment:

• sasguru
    replied
    The shame Id feel in driving such an old piece of tulip. [/IMG]
    And yet you feel no shame in showing what a ****** you are on here?

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    You must have a large dick to be so confident to drive around in something like that
    What do you drive?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    …and counting: my beloved Mk. II Ford Orion 1.6i Ghia (89G) reached yet another big number this afternoon

250,000: here we come!

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Sell your expensive car. Buy a cheap pile of cr@p with reasonable fuel economy. Spend the difference on therapy to address your feelings of shame and inadequacy, and you should come out ahead over a five year period.
    Ah. Now I have read:

There is no clear indication that you might have a psychopathic / antisocial personality disorder.

You reached, however, 75.00% of Factor 1 which captures the core personality traits of psychopathy that define the interpersonal and affective deficits of this personality disorder (e.g. shallow affect, superficial charm, manipulativeness, lack of empathy) and that are correlated with narcissistic personality disorder, low anxiety, low empathy, low stress reaction and low suicide risk. But Factor 1 is also associated with extraversion and positive affect - affected persons usually score high on scales of achievement and well-being, so some aspects of the personality disorder may even be beneficial for the psychopath (in terms of nondeviant social functioning or if it comes to profit from manipulation or lies).

You reached, however, 27.78% of Factor 2 which captures the traits of antisocial behavior (e.g. criminal versatility, impulsiveness, irresponsibility, poor behaviour controls, juvenile delinquency) and is associated with reactive anger, social deviance, sensation seeking, anxiety, increased risk of suicide, low socio-economic status, criminality, and impulsive violence.
    You might have certain traits of antisocial or psychopathic personalities but certainly not in a form that would justify a personality disorder diagnosis according to the standards.
    Score: 18 of 38 [18:12/5/1]

There are strong indications that you might have a narcissistic personality disorder.

There are slight differences between the major diagnostic manuals in how to diagnose a narcissistic personality disorder, with the ICD-10 manual stating that a person may only be diagnosed with a Narcissistic Personality Disorder if she/he does not meet the diagnostic criteria for a dissocial (antisocial, psychopathic), histrionic or any of the other personality disorders at the same time. For the DSM-IV manual, there is no such exclusion. It is unusual for NPD personality types to seek therapy, as they unconsciously fear exposure or inadequacy and will usually disdain therapeutic processes or the idea of psychotherapy itself, sabotage the therapeutic process or openly oppose it. Pharmacotherapy is rarely effective.
    Score: 9 of 9

Interesting
    Get back behind the wheel and carry on as before.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    The shame Id feel in driving such an old piece of tulip. I wonder why they named it after that famous sci-fi puppet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X