• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Public Sector nonsense"

Collapse

• IR35FanClub
    replied
    Originally posted by louie View Post
    But this thread is about my contract, it's like saying there should only be one IR35 thread.
    Guy goes into a bar order his drink from the bar maid.
    Turns to his friend and says "So do you think MU or Chelsea are up for the league this year".
    The bar maid butts in... sorry you cant have that conversation, someone else already had it yesterday.
    Ok says the man, turning back to his mate "would you give the bar maid one?"

(cor i just made up a joke!)

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    U payin 40% tax bro!
    49% when NI is factored in - more if you hit 100K

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    ... U payin 40% tax bro!
    FFS! Are you in a gang or something, bro?

Leave a comment:

• moggy
    replied
    Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Surely we cant have many such people on here? Those that avoid paying for the bloated public sector by working via a ltd company surely wouldnt be so two faced as to then work for that same sector?
    What.. and then moaning about the quality of service of the NHS.. shirley not!

Leave a comment:

• escapeUK
    replied
    Surely we cant have many such people on here? Those that avoid paying for the bloated public sector by working via a ltd company surely wouldnt be so two faced as to then work for that same sector?

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied
    No matter what your rate is someone is always after a chunk of it, why pay more if you don't have to

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Probably not but I was just covering any misunderstanding
    You agents - anything to keep/get a conversation going.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Not so much a deal, more a raping of your backside.
    £500/day inside IR35 is hardly being raped.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Was that what I said?
    Probably not but I was just covering any misunderstanding

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    So as long as we are better than a repressive regime that is good enough is it?
    Was that what I said?

Leave a comment:

• louie
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    So they force you inside IR35 if you are over that limit, that's the deal?
    Not so much a deal, more a raping of your backside.

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    You're right. But counting the positives, have you noticed how many repressive regimes have truly efficient Public Sectors? Maybe it's just as well that those in power don't know how to put together a spreadsheet, much less efficiently manage all the data about us that they'd like to exercise complete control over?
    So as long as we are better than a repressive regime that is good enough is it?

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    If you earn more than that per day and your contract has ran for over 6 months. U payin 40% tax bro!
    So they force you inside IR35 if you are over that limit, that's the deal?

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    If you earn more than that per day and your contract has ran for over 6 months. U payin 40% tax bro!
    only accept the contract with a 5 month, 3 week, 6 day period

Leave a comment:

• louie
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Actually I didn't see a reference to £220 in the other thread, what's the significance?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X