• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Do you remember?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Do you remember?"

Collapse

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Fleetwood
    Beg to differ, Mordac.
    Very early ZZ TOP (before they were famous) is excellent.

If you're into heavy blues, try
    ZZ Top's First album (1970)

or Rio Grande Mud (1972)

Both are excellent, as is Deguello. Arguably their last decent album before the descent into '80's medicrity.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    I will check them out and then probably humbly apologise. I was of course referring to their manufactured & over-hyped novelty wedding band period, i.e. when they sold millions.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Beg to differ, Mordac.
    Very early ZZ TOP (before they were famous) is excellent.

If you're into heavy blues, try
    ZZ Top's First album (1970)

or Rio Grande Mud (1972)

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    What about ZZ Sputnik ?
    ZZ Top or Sigue Sigue Sputnik? Both tulipe, btw.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Spot on with the Marillion thing. They were all total losers who could never get a girlfriend. Always whining and generally socially dysfunctional.

I expect they are all IT contractors now.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock
    What about ZZ Sputnik ?
    Over hyped, not over rated. Everyone knew they were crap despite the marketing

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB
    Yes, The Pretenders.
    What about ZZ Sputnik ?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Exactly - Marillion fans didn't have girlfriends (or was it the other way round, people who couldn't get girlfriends were attracted to the misery of Marillion?)

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    Think back. Was anyone at school / uni who was into Marillion, considered cool, hard or 'in' in some way. No chance! They're all mostly teachers and accountants now.

U2 of course were really cool upto The Joshua Tree when they got samey and more and more pretentious and Bono stuck his head up his own 'arris and became a tw*t.

Just my view of course.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    Was there ever a more over-rated pop group?
    Yes, The Pretenders.

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Hush your mouth DP

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    U2
    The blessed Bono (pbuh) is the saviour of the universe (or was that Flash) and his music cannot be judged by mere mortals like us. Say three hail-Geldofs and wash your mouth out with Japanese whisky (that'll teach you!!).

Leave a comment:

• Xenophon
    replied
    Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
    I think you'll find that Steps were actually aiming for children and hence their music was turgid, repetitive and sing-along, deliberately. I don't believe steps were pretentious in any way.
    Good shout on Simple minds though, Mr C.

I thought they were over-rated mate.

Leave a comment:

• Fleetwood
    replied
    Was there ever a more over-rated pop group?
    No.
    Always a pale copy of Genesis, IMO.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    U2

Leave a comment:

• Dundeegeorge
    replied
    Xeno

Originally posted by Xenophon
    Steps?
    I think you'll find that Steps were actually aiming for children and hence their music was turgid, repetitive and sing-along, deliberately. I don't believe steps were pretentious in any way.
    Good shout on Simple minds though, Mr C.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X