• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Neil Armstrong RIP

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Neil Armstrong RIP"

Collapse

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    And ironically, you've got to be a drag in every thread.

I try to limit my responses to your drivel to one per day max (and usually not even that): that's yours for today.

Now piss off and pretend you have some contractors to manage or something.
    Some people are soooooooo rude!

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    You've got to be Threaded in drag.
    And ironically, you've got to be a drag in every thread.

I try to limit my responses to your drivel to one per day max (and usually not even that): that's yours for today.

Now piss off and pretend you have some contractors to manage or something.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    I recommend you don't say "alleged" to Aldrin.

He's even quicker with his fists.
    Indeed.

Aldrin by name, Aldrin by nature.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    No. If it was threaded, NASA would have flown him out first class.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by Gentile View Post
    Curiously enough, NASA was one of the visitors to my blog today. It's somehow comforting to know that when they have a technical problem they do what the rest of us do, and hit Google. In their case, they were looking for how to set up a Loftek Sentinel CCTV camera.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied
    Curiously enough, NASA was one of the visitors to my blog today. It's somehow comforting to know that when they have a technical problem they do what the rest of us do, and hit Google. In their case, they were looking for how to set up a Loftek Sentinel CCTV camera.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I remember in the 70's, before all the conspiracy theory nonsense, there was a more fundamental question mark over the landing.

It was all due to the mikes they used

did Armstrong say 'A small leap for man....'
    or
    'A small leap for a man....'

he would never answer the question

He said "One small step for man" when it should have been "One small step for A man"

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by louie View Post
    A great actor, his performance was so realistic when he was in the Hollywood Burbank studios filming the moon landing. RIP!
    tit...

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    That should have the word alledged just before 'first'
    Possibly if Stevie Wonder was the proof reader

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Very sad news.
    I wish the elf & safety brigade would give it a rest then we could go back to the moon.
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I wonder if I'm of the generation which will see it happen. If so, I'll probably be around to see it but too old to go.
    Fook the moon - at the time it seemed that Man (or wimmin) to Mars was a certainty...& I always thought I see it in my lifetime ....I blame Obama

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by louie View Post
    They won't go back now, no point, it's just a ball of rock and dust.
    Tourism makes worthless places valuable. Plus, the low gravity could be good in many ways.

Leave a comment:

• louie
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    I wonder if I'm of the generation which will see it happen. If so, I'll probably be around to see it but too old to go.
    They won't go back now, no point, it's just a ball of rock and dust.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Very sad news.

I wish the elf & safety brigade would give it a rest then we could go back to the moon.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by alluvial View Post
    I was being ironical!
    I was being serious!

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
    I believed it for many years too, and only found out it was an urban myth a couple of years ago. It just goes to show, doesn't it.
    I was being ironical!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X