• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Am I the only person in the world who didn't know that ?"

Collapse

• BrilloPad
    replied
    No-one tell him the cottage pie secret!

Leave a comment:

• chef
    replied
    Originally posted by Moose423956 View Post
    I used to add pineapple and banana to my chilli, but people found it weird, so I stopped. I have a secret ingredient though, and it isn't a bodily fluid.
    You do know that most people put Chilli peppers in their Chilli don't you? thats not really a secret

Leave a comment:

• Moose423956
    replied
    I used to add pineapple and banana to my chilli, but people found it weird, so I stopped. I have a secret ingredient though, and it isn't a bodily fluid.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post

Top tip - when you add pepper to a recipe, put a few whole peppercorns in as well. It's really nice when you find one

Oh and leave people to add their own cream/yoghurt as the idea is to decrease the hotness so some people like a lot, some people like a little and some people prefer none.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    You be telling us next that you don't put cumin, unsweetened chocolate and thyme in it.
    Oh, unsweetened chocolate. That's where I went wrong...

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by wobbegong View Post
    You be telling us next that you don't put cumin, unsweetened chocolate and thyme in it.

FWIW, Zippy is right, not everyone likes sour cream/yoghurt; let them add their own.
    Shhhhhshhh! Don't tell everyone the magic ingredient otherwise their chili will be almost as good as mine!

Umami!

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    you are not too big to go over my knee , young lady
    Yes she is, you're only a shortarse!

Leave a comment:

• wobbegong
    replied
    I dont know if I ever mentioned it, but I make the most fantastic chille.
    It's one of the three or four dishes that I do really well.

Anyways, I was looking at this menu a few days ago and they had 'Chille topped with sour cream and chopped spring onions'
    So I says to the missus later that I will try this idea. She says 'oh I always wondered why you never put sour cream and spring onions on the chille'
    Checked with the daughter , check
    the daughter in law, check

everyone in the world knew this. except me.

I feel such a culinery fool

FWIW, Zippy is right, not everyone likes sour cream/yoghurt; let them add their own.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I went to a columbian restaurant in Paris that did the most amazing chilli - but I'm sure sour cream wasn't involved in it, nor spring onions. I believe the south-american recipe calls for grated chocolate.
    I tried the cream and onions last night. It went very well

Mrs EO had chives and black pepper as well.

Top tip - when you add pepper to a recipe, put a few whole peppercorns in as well. It's really nice when you find one

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I went to a columbian restaurant in Paris that did the most amazing chilli - but I'm sure sour cream wasn't involved in it, nor spring onions. I believe the south-american recipe calls for grated chocolate.

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    In the 90's some restaurants (or maybe it was pubs), served chilli in a tortilla basket thing that needed a chainsaw to get through.

They did add sour cream though

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    I was going to tell you, but I assumed you knew.
    I know your secret

gay , bendy , sluurrrping bum sucker

so watch out. or i may disclose all

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    I dont know if I ever mentioned it, but I make the most fantastic chille.
    It's one of the three or four dishes that I do really well.

Anyways, I was looking at this menu a few days ago and they had 'Chille topped with sour cream and chopped spring onions'
    So I says to the missus later that I will try this idea. She says 'oh I always wondered why you never put sour cream and spring onions on the chille'
    Checked with the daughter , check
    the daughter in law, check

everyone in the world knew this. except me.

I feel such a culinery fool

I was going to tell you, but I assumed you knew.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    Spring onions? Nah - it's all wrong IMO. And while we're on the subject, I'd prefer to add my own sour crean thenkyouverymuch.
    Fookin peasants food.
    you are not too big to go over my knee , young lady

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Spring onions? Nah - it's all wrong IMO. And while we're on the subject, I'd prefer to add my own sour crean thenkyouverymuch.
    Fookin peasants food.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X