• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Long Weekend....

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Long Weekend...."

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    Thought I'd die before selling my pre-VTEC VFR. But the old girl had to go, especially since I also have a VTEC VFR. Anyways...

Bought a MK2 CBF1000. Absolutely fantastic bike. Comfortable, powerful, great fuel range, ABS. Wouldn't swap it for my old pre-VTEC. Seriously, try one, you won't be disappointed.
    Thanks for that nomadd. I'm going to 'the mainland' tomorrow to get new car for the wife (not a 'swap' deal i'm afraid), so may have time to have a look in Victor Devine Honda in Glasgow.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Does she have manly hands and size 13 feet?
    A gentleman never tells.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

It's alright, I've not told anyone you need a cusshion on your drivers seat and wooden blocks on the pedals on your BMW...

Ahhh, I get it, you've told MF that you're a tall, leggy blonde, haven't you
    Does she have manly hands and size 13 feet?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    After 9/18 beers I don't think you'll be much good.
    I'm tired. I just got back from a week at centrparcs with the 4 grand kids.
    I need a month off to recover

Leave a comment:

• redgiant
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Brewers droop ... shame

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

It's alright, I've not told anyone you need a cusshion on your drivers seat and wooden blocks on the pedals on your BMW...

I'm not a BMW driver anymore.

But yes, bang to rights guvnor.

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Well, quite. But christ SS, I had better never come to a meet up. People will be expecting me to be a dwarf...

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Coffee? Meet keyboard and monitor.
    Well, quite. But christ SS, I had better never come to a meet up. People will be expecting me to be a dwarf...

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    sleep, beer, sleep ,beer
    sleep, beer, sleep ,beer
    sleep, beer, sleep ,beer
    sh@g
    sleep, beer, sleep ,beer
    sleep, beer, sleep ,beer
    sleep, beer, sleep ,beer
    sh@g

Leave a comment:

• SupremeSpod
    replied
    Ta. I lived in Bristol for a few years and go back whenever my little feet can take me. I went to the observatory for the first time a while back; it was nice but I'm not good with heights. I enjoyed the view while retching loudly in fear.
    Coffee? Meet keyboard and monitor.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Originally posted by Ketchup View Post
    If you get time go to the observatory at the Clifton suspension bridge, some great views over Bristol.
    Ta. I lived in Bristol for a few years and go back whenever my little feet can take me. I went to the observatory for the first time a while back; it was nice but I'm not good with heights. I enjoyed the view while retching loudly in fear.

Leave a comment:

• Ketchup
    replied
    ...what are you lot up to, then?

The boy and I are going down to Bristol for a couple of days.
    If you get time go to the observatory at the Clifton suspension bridge, some great views over Bristol.

Leave a comment:

• FiveTimes
    replied
    tonight football.
    tomorrow finalising kids stuff for school, party @ 6pm for nephew b'day.
    sunday not much in morning. afternoon party for frineds 50th.
    Monday might go to the cinema.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    I can't find a bike that i like as much as the pre-vtec VFR (although I have the VTEC now). Blades/R1s too uncomfortable for long trips, TDM etc not sporty enough.....am stuck between two 'types'. Was thinking of looking at the Fazer. Had a 1200 Bandit years ago, but never liked it.
    Thought I'd die before selling my pre-VTEC VFR. But the old girl had to go, especially since I also have a VTEC VFR. Anyways...

Bought a MK2 CBF1000. Absolutely fantastic bike. Comfortable, powerful, great fuel range, ABS. Wouldn't swap it for my old pre-VTEC. Seriously, try one, you won't be disappointed.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X