• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "how can a senior experience IT pro get into IB"

Collapse

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You forgot about the question about these
    Which one is AndyW again?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    I sailed into IB without any experience, made a bundle, then gradually moved up the ladder till I ran a large department.

well, I would have done. If I hadn't stared at the birds bazongas at the interview

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    or have an informed view on the battle tactics of the Roman Legions?
    or maybe you've seen the waiter in an Indian restaurant licking the chutney spoon?

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Do you like films about gladiators?
    or have an informed view on the battle tactics of the Roman Legions?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by calacik View Post

this thread has grown 4 pages long and i can see that 3 pages are not related to the main question, could you please start your own thread if you got nothing to contribute to this one particular question? start ur own thread and i will see u there ...
    Do you like films about gladiators?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Oops, forgot about this as well;

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Oh dear. Someone needs to explain the point of CUK General. I'll pass this time.

Anyway, have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Yes! More than one! Lots of them! Look
    You missed this one >.<

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by nomadd View Post
    CUK General has a point?
    Yes! More than one! Lots of them! Look;

. . . .. .. . . .. .. . . . . .
    . . . .. . ..

. . . . ...

. .

and don't forget the one at the bottom;

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Someone needs to explain the point of CUK General.
    CUK General has a point?

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    just found this on sybase website
    Adaptive Server Enterprise

Powering 24 of the top 25 global banks and 46 of the top 50 top global banks and securities firms, the ASE mission-critical enterprise database management system is known for its rock solid reliability, superior performance and low total cost of ownership.

i bet other vendors say the same thing ?

this thread has grown 4 pages long and i can see that 3 pages are not related to the main question, could you please start your own thread if you got nothing to contribute to this one particular question? start ur own thread and i will see u there ...
    Oh dear. Someone needs to explain the point of CUK General. I'll pass this time.

Anyway, have you tried bleeding the radiators?

Leave a comment:

• oscarose
    replied
    hi

what are hiring criteria for investment bank contracts?
    how can someone senior but with no financal experience get into IB?

i undrestand sybase is commonly used rdbms platform , will it help if i pass sybase exams?
    my current employer doesnt use sybase so cant get my hands on it.

thanks
    Don't bother. The crack isn't good.

Leave a comment:

• calacik
    replied
    just found this on sybase website
    Adaptive Server Enterprise

Powering 24 of the top 25 global banks and 46 of the top 50 top global banks and securities firms, the ASE mission-critical enterprise database management system is known for its rock solid reliability, superior performance and low total cost of ownership.

i bet other vendors say the same thing ?

Last edited by calacik; 24 August 2012, 22:36.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
    ... departments to run (needing lots of research analysts and quants, all effectively non-fee earning positions).
    Didn't we have a quant on here some time back?...iirc sasguru got infatuated

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by aussielong View Post
    If you tried that you'd probably get your head kicked in. Most (equities) traders are more than capable of handling an IT nerd like yourself.

Did you see it when it kicked off in the City in May 2003? The "anarchists" got a right pasting from some traders.
    I remember working down at St Catherine's Dock when some eco-oiks tried to raid the Energy trading floor and were given extremely short physical shrift from the barrow-boy traders. I suppose if they interfere with their work it means they could be losing quite large sums of cash, tends to get people upset.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X