• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Requirments Vs Bob

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Requirments Vs Bob"

Collapse

• Gentile
    replied
    Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
    Thanks, I knew it was missing that certain je ne sais quoi
    Was the trunk on that 'elephant' the type of front end you envisaged the other week, Spaceman?

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    FTFY
    Thanks, I knew it was missing that certain je ne sais quoi

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    It could be seen from the other side:

Business Analyst: We need an animal and we need it live by tomorrow
    Developer: OK

Next day...

BA: Can you make it brown and vegetarian, the client is complaining, need it ASAP please
    Dev: OK

Day after...

BA: It needs to be a bit bigger and it would be really good if it could tulip fertilizer, you don’t mind working late to get this done do you just the client is really kicking off about this
    Dev: Fine, whatever

The next morning...

BA: It needs a trunk and big ears, it was supposed to be in the original spec sorry
    Dev: Oh FFS
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    It could be seen from the other side:

Business Analyst: We need an animal and we need it live by tomorrow
    Developer: OK

Next day...

BA: Can you make it brown and vegetarian, the client is complaining, need it ASAP please
    Dev: OK

Day after...

BA: It needs to be a bit bigger and it would be really good if it could tulip fertilizer, you don’t mind working late to get this done do you just the client is really kicking off about this
    Dev: Fine, whatever

The next morning...

BA: It needs a trunk and big ears, it was supposed to be in the original spec sorry
    Dev: Oh FFS

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    WHS - Seen it (not) happen _so_ many times.

And if a project like that ever limps to completion it's a three-legged donkey more likely than not.
    I think waterfall was dying until the rise of outsourcing.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post

Big design up front simply doesn't work.
    WHS - Seen it (not) happen _so_ many times.

And if a project like that ever limps to completion it's a three-legged donkey more likely than not.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Big design up front simply doesn't work.

Leave a comment:

• Gentile
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    I thought it was quite amusing.

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    did you not click on the link at the bottom?
    Yes I did, I was just surprised so much effort was put in for such a poor pay off

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    Erm, at least the post looks nice an colourful
    did you not click on the link at the bottom?

Leave a comment:

• SimonMac
    replied
    Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
    Client: “Our next requirement, this is something big, you know, we need an elephant…”
    Vendor : but why don’t you adjust with a buffalo, even it is big…. and black?”

C No, we need only elephant, let me explain our current process……………..” (client explains for an hour)
    V :Fine, i understand ur requirement. But our system supports only buffalo…

C:..We need only elephant!
    V: OK.. Let me see if i can customize”

Requirement taken : Client wants a big black four legged animal, long tail, less hair. Having trunk is mandatory.
    The same was documented, signed off in contract agreement

At the Design Development Centre,
    Design/Development – Based on requirement all features are supported in base product (as buffalo) , for trunk alone a separate customization is done.

Finally the customization is shown to client

client looks ....

So what i don't have an Elephant? - Jokeroo
    Erm, at least the post looks nice an colourful

Leave a comment:

• alreadypacked
    started a topic Requirments Vs Bob

Requirments Vs Bob

Client: “Our next requirement, this is something big, you know, we need an elephant…”
    Vendor : but why don’t you adjust with a buffalo, even it is big…. and black?”

C No, we need only elephant, let me explain our current process……………..” (client explains for an hour)
    V :Fine, i understand ur requirement. But our system supports only buffalo…

C:..We need only elephant!
    V: OK.. Let me see if i can customize”

Requirement taken : Client wants a big black four legged animal, long tail, less hair. Having trunk is mandatory.
    The same was documented, signed off in contract agreement

At the Design Development Centre,
    Design/Development – Based on requirement all features are supported in base product (as buffalo) , for trunk alone a separate customization is done.

Finally the customization is shown to client

client looks ....

So what i don't have an Elephant? - Jokeroo

Working...
X